The similarities from this scene (watch below) in the movie Moneyball and what is happening at our club at present is pretty much identical.

Just change the names of the players, recruitment strategy to replace them, spending to compared to other clubs....

Spoiler alert to those that haven’t watched the full movie, in the end the “Moneyball” team broke the record for consecutive wins, but once again bombed out in the playoffs.

Sound familiar?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Unlike mclovin,  McCarthy  is a funny bitch.

I loved the one she did with puppets. Happytime Murders

• You do realise that sniffing panties doesn't count for shit, right? You haven't had pussy since pussy had you.

mmmm........McSnufflin' it!

• Are you sure your watching him Slugg?

9869671464?profile=RESIZE_584x

• 1000% they just love losing and embrace it.

• Yeh, nah, clubs that win Premierships are those that beat the cap by having a good number of players who play above their wages. Penrith were a perfect example last year with the likes of Momorovski, To'o, Martin, etc. all playing well above their pay grades.

Penrith was also the perfect example of a team that had their Premiership window open, and they were able to take it.

Our Premiership windows is next year. Like Penrith, we legitimately fell just short, and now we go into next year, with a bunch of players on unders. The market has shown that those three players are not that far off a million dollars of "unders", In you throw in Will Pennisni who is a home-grown development under and will be a half-million dollar player when he goes on the market, our window is well and truly open in 2022. 

It's just fucking stupid to be decrying the club for its Premiership ambitions, when the market has proven resoundingly that the club has done a fantastic job in developing players to the point that we probably go into next year with the highest value squad in the NRL. People need to stop bitching about 2023 and beyond, because who knows what shape shit will be in, by then, and be appreciative of the fact that we probably go into next year's Premiership as favourites or close-to. With Mitchell Moses finally starting to consistently deliver and Dylan Brown starting to come into a period of his career, where he should grow with the experience we've had, we've legitimately got our shot at a title.

Every Parramatta fan I know, just wants a Premiership - so let's focus on the fact that we have actually have our shot. The entire club needs to be wholly focused now, that most of our business is done on just taking our chance, because the salary cap ensures it does not come up every year regardless of things like TPAs.

As for 2023, Melbourne is the benchmark, and they have proven that you should not be afraid of turnover if you focus on player development and creating an environment where you improve players. That way you ensure you're in the finals, which largely get won by the team with the least amount of injuries come the Grand Final and the reality is that luck plays as much a part as anything else in actually winning those finals games.

• Everybody's wetting their pants about how we finished the season last year.

Don't forget that for the 2nd half of the season, less two games (Storm win and Panthers narrow loss) we were bog average at best.

That doesn't fill me with confidence for our fortunes next season.

• Mozzie, just understand we are not worried about you being filled with confidence, just the people that count! LOL

• What about the start of the season shit we ran in the top 4 for about 10 odd weeks.

Then came home pretty strong.

Its almost as though a lot don't want us actually break this drought all but for a bit of luck we play in the GF last season with our 3rd string hooker.

• As you can see by the current premiership odds below from TAB TKBK, we are no where near favourites for next year's premiership.

In fact our odds are closer to the Donkeys who are tipped to finish 12th than they are to the Panthers who are tipped to finish 1st.

Panthers $5

Storm $5.50

Roosters $7.50

Shegulls $8.50

Bunnies $9.50

Eels $15.00

• Yep, and I don't know whether Moses has "turned a corner" or whether he merely strung 2 or 3 great performances together.

Only time will tell

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Avon Barksdale posted a discussion
Graham Annesley has conceded a controversial obstruction call that cost Roosters star Joey Manu a fair try against the Panthers was wrong. The NRL head of football has wasted no time conceding that video referee Chris Butler failed to use the…
9 minutes ago
Poppa posted a discussion
Lomax is reputably on 800k, I am not sure when his contract expires. No one's going to get him for a bargainWhen his 800 at Saints expires you might!.............he has been a Saints junior and prodigy the whole time, I think its a bit sad when you…
20 minutes ago
Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Mick Cronin"
25 minutes ago
Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"And the local kebab shop"
26 minutes ago
More…