The Wentworthville Magpies Canterbury Cup side to take on the New Zealand Warriors at QBE Stadium on Saturday 15 June in Round 14 of the competition has been named by Head Coach Rip Taylor.

After a 22-10 defeat to the Newtown Jets last week, Taylor has named an eighteen man squad for the clash that features Bevan French, George Jennings, Brad Takairangi, Will Smith, Oregon Kaufusi and Tepai Moeroa.

Kick off is at 8:45am.

Wentworthville Magpies

1. Bevan French
2. George Jennings
3. Josh Minhinnick
4. Ethan Parry
5. Greg Leleisiuao
6. Brad Takairangi
7. Will Smith
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Matt McIlwrick
10. Oregon Kaufusi
11. Tepai Moeroa
12. Salesi Fainga'a
13. Andrew Davey
Interchange
14. Brad Keighran
15. Mitch Butfield
16. D'Rhys Miller
17. Piki Rogers
18. Kieran Hayman

Here’s what we know so far regarding the Tigers and Eels movement.

The Tigers and Eels are expected to raid eachother. Tim Mannah will join the Tigers on less than 100k for the remainder of 2019. While the Tigers are also expected to get some cap relief with the Eels taking Russell Packer off their hands.

Parramatta are also back in the drivers seat to gaining George Burgess from the Rabbitohs.

And both the Tigers and Eels are interested in signing Waqa Blake who will get the all clear from Penrith to look elsewhere.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It will be interesting to see how he goes if he gets an opportunity after June 30 

• Why are we so desperate for fucking Burgess like let it go and look deeper. I swear our management is like the nine commentatary team they only know the big names

• This ^^^

G Burgess is average. Packer is below average. We are mad if we pay more than a pie and light beer a game.

• Agree. But word of warning, Packer doesn’t fire up when on light beer. 

• So Tigers get Mannah on the cheap and we get Packer to give the Tigers cap relief so they can sign Blake and then we get stuck with G. Burgess.

I don't think Burgess and Packer will add much to our forward pack, if anything our drop ball and penalties will increase through Burgess. Not in favour of this at all.

Reaks of desperation.

• 100% agree

• Gee I feel so sorry for these players, 8.45am kickoff? Lol

• Please no no not Packer

•   Tepai Moreroa a gun junior. Wide running regular try scorer. Now a concussed reserve grader. Well done BA.    2 more years.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"This is one of my biggest concerns going forward. We don't seem to have anyone really coming through. Greig is a back end of season player, hits his form and fitness late in the season. 
This would be either Paulo's last or second last big minute…"
2 hours ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"6. Hopegood, going to be a great long term player if we keep him."
2 hours ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"1. Moses 
2. Gutho 
3. Lomax
4. Jennings 
5. Beau Scott, at the time he brought a lot to the team. What was a inexperienced side and forward pack. He helped build the foundations a lot. "
2 hours ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Tex Hoy
"Tex Hot will get more money in the UK. Over here he is a winger or back up fullback. Over there he will get another gig at fullback. Not a bad player but journeyman. "
2 hours ago
More…