The Wentworthville Magpies Canterbury Cup side to take on the New Zealand Warriors at QBE Stadium on Saturday 15 June in Round 14 of the competition has been named by Head Coach Rip Taylor.

After a 22-10 defeat to the Newtown Jets last week, Taylor has named an eighteen man squad for the clash that features Bevan French, George Jennings, Brad Takairangi, Will Smith, Oregon Kaufusi and Tepai Moeroa.

Kick off is at 8:45am.

Wentworthville Magpies

1. Bevan French
2. George Jennings
3. Josh Minhinnick
4. Ethan Parry
5. Greg Leleisiuao
6. Brad Takairangi
7. Will Smith
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Matt McIlwrick
10. Oregon Kaufusi
11. Tepai Moeroa
12. Salesi Fainga'a
13. Andrew Davey
Interchange
14. Brad Keighran
15. Mitch Butfield
16. D'Rhys Miller
17. Piki Rogers
18. Kieran Hayman

Here’s what we know so far regarding the Tigers and Eels movement.

The Tigers and Eels are expected to raid eachother. Tim Mannah will join the Tigers on less than 100k for the remainder of 2019. While the Tigers are also expected to get some cap relief with the Eels taking Russell Packer off their hands.

Parramatta are also back in the drivers seat to gaining George Burgess from the Rabbitohs.

And both the Tigers and Eels are interested in signing Waqa Blake who will get the all clear from Penrith to look elsewhere.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We are starting to look like the club we can be as regards reserve grade depth. 

• Terrible halves combination though.

• But...the 8 and 10 look good 

• True~!  No sign of Dunster on the wing, the 8 & 10 may well be a pointer to our future and good for them to build an on field working relationship as well.

• How is Ethan Parry playing?

Does he make a differance? Is he ready for NRL?

Reports, visuals?

• Parry is on a development contract meaning he can be elevated to play NRL after June 30

• Yeah. I know that. Just want to know if he would be up to the NRL challenge.

• Wont know until picked I guess. although he and Dunster went went in the preseason trial matches.

• Parry is a 195cm, 100kg centre/winger who runs hard and tackles hard and hails from Tamworth. He is playing well for Wenty by all accounts and may get a run in the NRL after June 30 as Colin said. Then we will see what he has got.

As an aside the Eels have just signed his 15 year old brother who if he continues his current growth rate will likely end up with similar physical dimensions to his brother Parry 

• Kept a close eye on Parry on the weekend in Wenty vs Jets game at Henson.  Defensively solid, good line speed and handled his one-on-one tackles. Looks good with the ball, big body, tests the line and makes some post metres.  Limited opportunities but looked good.  Similar feedback about Salmon.   

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Tin Tim replied to Blue Eel's discussion The Truth Hurts: Article
"Robbo at the Roosters seem to be left alone after 4yrs of lame years. Well aware he won comps but his roster is still top notch roster. This year they are struggling with injuries, I think the Dragons will win today & the Eels Friday night. Knights…"
50 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Jett Cleary off to NZ
"I suppose you're one of the idiots who wanted Sanders to hang around for 4/5 yes to get the opportunity to be a 1st grade regular."
5 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to BEM's discussion RIP TERRY HILL
"Yup, woke = broke.   Once upon a time Thursday night meant nothing but Footy show night in most households I knew. As soon as she turned up even as a " reporter " it was doomed. It lost all credibility and you couod just tell that the show that was…"
6 hours ago
LB replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"Frankie do you think they will have mural with a candle when BA is gone from the club? Perhaps place some flowers at Kellyville while whispering "We appreciate you".
Legit BA could be driving and drive onto the pathway hitting and killing one of…"
6 hours ago
More…