Was it worth the cost?
The Parramatta review is done and dusted and those close to the club are disappointed at its findings.

After many hours of work and hundreds of thousands of dollars, the only major change the Eels made was to bring in former Wests Tigers captain Mark O’Neill as general manager of football.

O’Neill is a good operator - but the Eels knew before the review ever began that they needed someone to fill this role and take some of the pressure off coach Brad Arthur.

Club insiders were hoping for more sweeping changes - and the Eels may struggle again in 2019 with little changing within the camp.

#3 DCE for Moses? Surely not
It’s the silly season and here’s a rumour that I’ve heard more than once over the past week.

It involves a player swap between Parramatta’s Mitchell Moses and Manly’s Daly Cherry Evans for 2019.

The Eels are desperate to offload Moses and could let Manly have him at a bargain basement price.

Manly, meanwhile, are looking to cut costs any way they can and could be tempted to eliminate the highest paid player on their roster.

The proposed swap deal is as crazy as a rugby league rumour gets.

My mail is inkling Manly coach Des Hasler is a big DCE fan and the No.7 won’t be going anywhere.

Swapping the Australian halfback for the inconsistent Moses would have Sea Eagles fans burning down what passes for a grandstand at Brookie Oval.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nothing was mentioned in the review because it would have put Gurr to shame.

He's played a dead bat to the members to protect himself.

• The review was pure window dressing, all us realist's called it for what it was.  Didn't stop the Unicorns creaming their dacks though.

• Maybe, just maybe, one day you will do a post where you don’t simply say you know everything and that who doesn’t agree or have the same predictive intellect you believe you are blessed with, is a simple deluded “unicorn”.

That day may also - if we are lucky - align with you actually contributing something alternate to how embarrassing the club is. 

• Who are you again??? Fucking nobody.

• No. I’m me. Not nobody. Not very important I know. But still me just the same.

You are a classic though. Saying the same thing over and over, without drawing breath or changing the script even a little bit to keep it interesting for everyone else that spends time on the forum out of genuine interest for the Eels. You get a little bit of constructive feedback to help your posting ability and you resort to name calling.

That approach may work with children, but unfortunately most of us here are quite well adjusted adults. 

• Most on here are well adjusted adults??? LOL!!  

How was the review anything but window dressing when nobody has lost their jobs no one has taken the blame for yet another spoon??? A HOF was on the agenda last season so honestly fuck all has changed yet the club spend a shitload on some fancy review which was to show the fans look at us we are doing something.  I couldn't give a rats what you think about what I post, at least I know I'm not the only Eels fan who feels this way.  You be happy waving those pom poms and eating those shit sandwiches the club loves dishing up to the fans.

• I’m not waving pom poms. Stick to the script. My comment was simply about your alienation of your righteousness versus a possible alternate opinion. One that, on this occasion, I don’t actually have. An opinion on the review that is. Mainly because I haven’t read it. 

Just that perhaps someone does, but you wouldn’t want to hear that opinion. Because they are simply wrong and a dumb ass unicorn if they do. 

Simply getting old. 

• What a lot of waffle, a lot of big words that say absolutely nothing.  Sounds very familiar......

Who else is like that??? 

So you haven't read the review but you have a problem with my comments??? lol.

As I said keep enjoying those shit sandwiches.

• Have you read the review...? 

• The club got staff copies made up goyoueels.

Ive just happened to get a complete copy in my mitts.

Unfortunately all copies were printed in braille as they were for the staff, coaches, Bern, board etc.

So im yet to translate it all at this point.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
1 hour ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
2 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
2 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
2 hours ago
More…