Waqa Blake

Please please please keep Waqa Blake on the wing. He is absolutely killing it out there. He is a winger. His hit ups out of trouble were outstanding and that put down and the catch of the JA pass - Wow! The guy has found his spot so can we keep him there now. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Do you only watch when we have the ball.  Defence is half the game 

• Defending well on the wing. Communication with his winger has been a problem but now we have two very good defensive centres he is doing great. Please show me all the missed tackles and mis-reads he did tonight. At the end of the day good teams will score out wide and that isnt often a reflection of the winger but what they have done inside. Think he's defending great but your entitled to think otherwise Midget,

• I know his decisions were not all his fault but he did get caught out few times where I saw him within arm's reach of Penisini which wasn't needed with manly players on his outside. 

Athough Waqa might be option at wing for remainder of this year out of necessity Dunster or Russell are probably better options long term.  When Dunster was winger it was our best period of defence on that wing even going back a far as Fergo.

• FM I can't get past Waqa bringing the ball out he's added some real starch to that area and it's where we needed it most.I been really critical about our back 5 all year Waqa from what I've seen really adds something there and the teams really needed it.

Its tough sledding running out of corners but he's willing and he's making an impact doing it.

The defense on that side will be a work in progress.

While Manly made yards on that side they didn't score to often so I guess if we are looking for something positive defensively I'd suggest that.They scrambled really well both sides aswell.Even when Saab scored I thought we did enough to stop it if we hadn't slipped off tackles.

You have to also realise that's Manly and South's go to which is also good practice for us I don't think you'll ever shit it down completely we just have to do our best to limit the damage.

• Agreed. He has to stay there. Defence is an issue but that side always is for us. The positives strongly outweigh the negatives, in my opinion. 

• Only a complete dumbass would move him

• My Penrith supporting mate said when we bought him - good player but a winger not a centre. Never truer words spoken 

• There have been truer words spoken. ABout Mannah all the time.

• Huh? Estrogen is a hell of a drug 

• Which means we bring Opacic into Centre who is massively underrated. He rarely makes a mistake, makes all his tackles effectively, great support. Quality. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

HKF replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"1. Moses"
3 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Moses
Mau
Cartwright
Jennings
RCG"
3 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - posted a discussion
On the back of Zack Lomax's signature, who are Brad's top 5 signings of all time?,  and is Lomax is included in your top 5 ?I'll start it1. Gutherson2. RCG3. Jennings4. Zack5. Jnr Paulo's return. 
9 minutes ago
Zip zip replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 7 Team List v Dolphins
"Simonsson was injured last week so I'm guessing he's not 100%. Also Darwin heat so wouldn't be a good idea to carry 4 forwards on the bench "
22 minutes ago
More…