Parramatta Eels have today announced the appointment of Trent Barrett to join the Club as an NRL Assistant Coach for two years from the 2023 season.

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur said, “Trent has a wealth of football experience which he has harnessed over almost three decades as an elite player and coach, I’m sure he will contribute significantly to help enhance our football program.”

Barrett has a decorated career as a player with 235 NRL games for Illawarra Steelers, St George Illawarra Dragons and Cronulla Sharks, and an additional 60 games for Wigan in the UK. He has represented NSW and won 15 caps for Australia.

Barrett has extensive coaching experience with Canterbury Bulldogs, Manly Sea Eagles and as an assistant coach with Penrith Panthers.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “Brad identified Trent Barrett as someone who could add great value to our football program. We all agreed that to be the case based on Trent’s credentials and experience. I know he will be a wonderful fit for our club as we seek to continuously improve each and every year. I look forward to welcoming Trent and his family to our club”.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you are bringing Barrett in with the slightest mind set he can take over if BA is sacked then you are better off sacking BA now.

• So what is BA need so nothing now with these assistants. BA has a tough job. Pick the same team every round and use the sage stategy from 8yrs ago.

• So does an assistant have any say, or do they just carry out the coach's game plans?

• Damn, I'd take Flanagan over Barret any day!

• Absolutely terrible news, this place is beyond a joke.

The chances of Trent and BA winning a comp is zero.

10 years into BAs job, after winning 2 finals appearences, we decide to bring in Barratt to help, that will do me.

• Yep I can't stop shaking my head Snake.

The pain of another two years of BA is too much to bear.

• This reply was deleted.
        • You would have to dig underground to get low enough

• It's extremely frustrating turn a sane person to white powder

• Fair dinkum... soon we'll have every ex-player in some capacity on the coaching staff. What do they all do? Biggest laugh I got:

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur said, “Trent has a wealth of football experience which he has harnessed over almost three decades as an elite player and coach, I’m sure he will contribute significantly to help enhance our football program.”

We've all listened to BA enough, seen the interviews, watched the pressers... hands up who thinks he actually said the above. Didn't think so. They could at lease make it sound vaguely like something Forrest Arthur might actually say.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Parrapowa replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Solid & safe doesn't win you a comp "
3 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Depends how expensive you mean, Al?
Lomax isn't worth 800k & the Eels won't pay that, he knows it's a pay cut to play elsewhere at centre.
All of the past 10 premiership teams had more $ in invested in their centres than the Eels, and some do have…"
10 minutes ago
fake midget pseudoachondroplasia replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"If NOS leaves Melb and they grab Lomax, what about Meaney to Eels. 
I would prefer a player like Wishart but don't see him leaving Melbourne as they love him there.  Genuine utility playing half, hooker centre, wing, and 14 at NRL level.   Didn't…"
30 minutes ago
Bup replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"He's not happy there at the moment, Melbourne don't keep blokes that aren't buying in."
38 minutes ago
More…