Parramatta Eels have today announced the appointment of Trent Barrett to join the Club as an NRL Assistant Coach for two years from the 2023 season.

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur said, “Trent has a wealth of football experience which he has harnessed over almost three decades as an elite player and coach, I’m sure he will contribute significantly to help enhance our football program.”

Barrett has a decorated career as a player with 235 NRL games for Illawarra Steelers, St George Illawarra Dragons and Cronulla Sharks, and an additional 60 games for Wigan in the UK. He has represented NSW and won 15 caps for Australia.

Barrett has extensive coaching experience with Canterbury Bulldogs, Manly Sea Eagles and as an assistant coach with Penrith Panthers.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “Brad identified Trent Barrett as someone who could add great value to our football program. We all agreed that to be the case based on Trent’s credentials and experience. I know he will be a wonderful fit for our club as we seek to continuously improve each and every year. I look forward to welcoming Trent and his family to our club”.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Continuously improve each and every year? ....except this year. 
    That'll do me. Terrible decision. 

• Terrible decision hiring Barrett? Or deciding BA's future before the season is settled?

How many times has BA been given the all clear then the following game we lose. Imagine losing to Canterbury on Saturday with BA guarenteed for season 10?

• It was happening regardless of the result this year or next..

whst I can't believe is they extended this imposter last year before we had run our race. FMD.

• It's unbelievable, banging your head against the wall shit...

• I'd never cheer for Parra to lose any game. But unfortunately I do see some benefits to the Eels missing the 8 this year. We can't afford more of the same. 

• Even if we got bottom 4 he would survive, Frank is right. This bloke needs to double up on history to win a comp. Never has a coach won a comp after 9 years with one team and never making a prelim in first 9 years. I understand that 2014 to say 16 were not fair due to how we were but surely in 2020, 2021 and 2022 we had a team to make a prelim.

Again BA will be here past his coaching, career he will step into a GM type role at the club he will never leave, the Arthur's will continue for generations.

• It almost feels like we are doing everything we can to 'protect the king' so to speak.

I've never seen a coach that has achieved so little in 9 years be afforded so much support to continually under deliver.

• Exactly. It's mind boggling 

• Why not? He only lives a short 7 min walk away from the ground - think of his carbon footprint, it would be almost non existent.

• Seriously Mutts you'd have some access to members of the board.

Surely some are itching for change - please tell me it's not just the fans who are getting tired of the wash rinse repeat?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
11 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
1 hour ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
1 hour ago
More…