Replies

• Moron.

• Goose

• Wtf you on and what ?

• Agree he is all of those things. 

• Benny you're a dumb ass

• Union is not allowed you peanut.

• Benny, you're not the only one calling for his head. He'll be lucky to survive for too much longer you'd think.

Cheika's, passionate, blunt and pig headed. Qualities I like. But there's little give in his ideologies.

We're now 7th in the world behind Japan - our worst (since rankings started in 2003). Cheika and the Wallabies' rise & fall is almost complete, after the last 5 years.

What struck me, in the Post-game interview was that Cheika was still sticking to his guns on playing "our brand" - attacking expansive footy : "not defend and kick".

Not the boring stuff.

He also said they've had their "best footy" in the last two years."

But still losing? I was scratching my head.

There's no give. No adaption. Ironically, both Hooper & Cheika admitted England's defence and control in vital moments and set pieces were the difference (as well as the Wallabies poor execution). Is the fact we've struggled to beat a team like England losing the last 7 matches to them 7-0, telling us something: maybe, changes in thought processes are needed?

You can't win consistently without decisive, tough  defensive attitude, skilled set plays, and a good positional kicking good - the boring stuff - setting the foundation for both counter-attack and full on attack; and you can also attack with your defence. 

Even Napoleon, a brilliant offensive general, who exploited weaknesses in defences, found out the hard way you can't underestimate a decisive defensive attitude. He did and lost everything despite winning 52 out of 60 battles: winning 86%.

Cheika's heading towards half of that and maybe a new direction soon. But I hope he finds success. He deserves it. 

• Spot on..funny thing is the wallabies have been boring to watch because there is a time to run, a time to kick for field position and a time to ruck,maul it up..old mate cheika wants to run all the time which is just fucking stupid.

Beatle needs to go to..that chip kick coming out of our 22 was under 12's shit..and all his intercepts and he can't tackle for shit..another cheika favourite.

Heads need to roll starting with the tranny CEO.

• I found the 9s boring like touch footy. Watched the Rugby instead. 

• doesn't matter who their coach is,until they stop paying his $$$ for league players and instead use those funds to develop players they will remain a rabble

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion NRL Annesley weekly briefing Round 2
"The worst thing about the Simonsson decision or lack there of is we lose an outside back for 2 games.I'm telling you if I'm a coach and hang an arm out or deliberately foot trip a player and the Luai penalty is the line in the sand I'm saying hey if…"
7 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion NRL Annesley weekly briefing Round 2
"Again that's why we should moving heaven and earth to grab Bennett next year. He is so well connected and thought of by the NRL, that his mere presence at the Eels will assist us in ways we wouldn't even imagine. "
16 minutes ago
Longfin Eel replied to Poppa's discussion Two points we won't get back!...... Arse Kicking time and no one should miss out!
"Regarding that left edge, I notice at one time Penrith had a scrum feed and they elected to have that right on our left edge, so they weren't going to attack on that side. Did they see something we all missed? Was our scrambling on that side…"
20 minutes ago
Will 5150 replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion NRL Annesley weekly briefing Round 2
"100%... under the rule any player who is in front of the play the ball before the ball is kicked over them is to be called offside by the ref and subsequently penalised if they take even 1 step further down the field in the direction the ball was…"
24 minutes ago
More…