The Daily Telegraph’s Buzz Rothfield is tipping the Bulldogs to “throw the kitchen sink” at Eels halfback Mitchell Moses hoping to secure his signature.

The 28-year-old has one year remaining on his deal with the Eels and can sign a contract with rivals for the 2024 season and could command upwards of $1 million per-season on the open market.

Gun five-eighth Dylan Brown is also off-contract and Rothfield believes Parramatta powerbrokers shoukd have managed their star duo’s contract situation better.

“Parramatta have botched this a little bit, you should never have your two gun halves coming off-contract at the same time, you should stagger them,” Rothfield said on the Big Sports Breakfast.

“I think Dylan Brown is a certainty to stay, but Mitchell Moses is the one I am worried about.”

Rothfield also revealed that the Eels had a chance to lock Moses in for years to come, but instead decided to prolong negotiations to the end of the year.

Brad Arthur’s side went on to reach the grand final and Moses was a pivotal figure in the Eels premiership charge — increasing his value.

“What I am told is, his manager went to the Eels mid-year and offered to do a deal back then, Parramatta were not happy with the money and said ‘let’s let is play out’ and we will wait until the end of the year,” Rothfield said.

“I can tell you now the money has gone up substantially since Parramatta has had that chance to sign Mitchell mid-year.

“The Wests Tigers have gone very very heavy for him, and the Canterbury Bulldogs have also gone in for him, obviously he can’t go next season.

“I think the Canterbury club, Gus (Gould), Cameron Ciraldo and their management will throw the kitchen sink at him, they do not have a standout captain for next year the Bulldogs and I wouldn’t be surprised if they threw him the captaincy to try and convince him to sign.

“He loves Parramatta, he played his junior football with the Eels before he went to the Tigers.”

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I always saw you as a giving rather than getting person Sluggy.

• Haha could be worse, you could be getting Krams' one - centennial park glory holes.

😂😂😂

• X a billion trillion

• Me Realist if you believe that story about Mahoney you would believe anything.

Further to this story it was written by Rothfield. Based on his current hit rate the chances of his article being correct are very remote.

It has previously been reported in the media that the club offered Mitch 5 years for 5$mil. It was also reported that he was not ready to sign. This is  probably due to the NRL having issues getting the CBA signed.

• Both halves will resign 

• That's terrible! ...unless you meant re-sign. Which is great!

• Lol yes

• Yeah but where

• PT47, nice to see the real PT posting, like you would be if you hadnt been getting attacked and abused every post.

I think your actions after the aggressor has left have shown you to be a very normal and light hearted poster who starts no trouble at all.

I always had faith in you mate.

• Yes I noticed it too Snakey, I know who will turn up in the long run just the same.

I thought I saw some of your tutelage in there notwithstanding, well done. I would prefer this new Drooper as well, I think he started off that way.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

JB. Prints of Parra replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"What I could see happening is Lomax to the Chooks and Suaalii to the Eels "
9 minutes ago
Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Can anyone actually see this happening. Lomax at the Eels? "
16 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Hardly the point that I was making!"
32 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Yes Bup makes a compeling case...."
43 minutes ago
More…