Three Why's Eels

1. Why do we give our winger ball and they have 4 to beat and get smashed over the sideline. Both Fergo and Sivo are good finishers and score if given half a chance, they are just not given that chance. Why are we not creating more room for them. Believe some posters have touched on this? Not just Moses fault - he was playing straight and digging into the line against the Panthers.

2. Why do we not have a plan of attack when the opposition gets up fast giving our attack no room? Opposition have been doing this for years and we still seem to have no answer.

3. Why did Moses/Matterson switch with Brown/Lane? Like that we are trying new stuff but why the switch? Is Brown being given teh better side for a right footer or is he being asked to do more of the play making?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• BTW - IMO the key to Panther's is Api K. Have lots of good players but would not look as good as they do without Api

• Why Coyote do you not get a second job to fill in your spare time ? Lol 

• Way ahead of you- Already have 5 jobs

• This reply was deleted.
    • Re 1. Agree this is one reason but why not do something about it. It has been that way for years

• Re 2. 
      Coach should be addressing this. And not just Mahoney. There are other strategies to get round it

• Very true.

• Watch the Charity Shield to see how a backline should operate. 
    Right to Left. 
    Backline is set deep 
    Reynolds- plays unders, runs to the inside shoulder and passes  back (not sideways) to Walker.
    Walker - also runs to the inside shoulder (unders line) and passes out the back (not sideways) to Latrell.
    Now we have a 3 on 3 but with plenty of room and the defence either sliding or retreating. From there it's just instinctive players with ball in hand toying with the opposition who by now are struggling to contain the Rabbits backs.
    It's all executed at pace, lines are simple but well rehearsed and it's all designed to give the outside men space. It's so simple and so effective. 

Compare that to our right to left. 
    Moses runs 45 degrees, passes to Brown who's also running at 45 degrees, either hit Matto or cutout directly to Waqa also running at 45 degrees and then maybe to Fergo who by now is standing in row 6. Because this movement runs out of room and is easy for the defence to slide against it invariably breaks down with dropped ball under pressure or into touch. 
    Im not a NRL Coach's backside but for the life of me I just don't get it. If a numpty like me can see this why can't our highly paid coaching staff, players etc. IT'S NOT THAT HARD!!

• This reply was deleted.
      • Souths have the best backline in the comp. and it's not due to individual brilliance or crazy plays, it's just basic backline play that creates space and therefore opportunities for their outside men. 

• Why can't we do that or something different to what has not been working for the last several years

• We have done this in the past. 

16-17 with Semi and alike.You had Foran Norman Moses attacking the line like it's being explained.Our wingers have scored plenty over the years.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
14 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
19 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
20 minutes ago
Marty replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We'll just been watching Matty John's Late, Hindy n Fletch interviewing Dragons - Lawrie, Lomax n Coach son, gotta say Lawrie n Lomax complete fuckwits. Coach son was pretty cool but other two prime nobs
Dragons can keep Lomax cause we have a No…"
54 minutes ago
More…