The JAKE debate.

Image preview

Poor kid. I feel sorry for him.

His father has thrown him under the bus & again tonight unfortunatley, we all saw Jakobs limited skill set and just how far off the pace he is.

"It's your team: Arthur hands over the Eels' reins to son Jakob"

"Eels coach Brad Arthur says it's the job of his 18 year old son Jakob not Dylan Brown to guide Parramatta in Mitchell Moses' absence"

From the moment his father parachuted Jakob at break neck speed into1st grade, he is open to criticism like any other 1st grade player is.

Young Haze Dunster has been criticised heavily on the site, but not protected because of his surname.

Tonight we saw a physically undeveloped kid, with a very limited skill set trying to "guide" a 1st grade team. Result- We lost to a depleted Raiders side because we through nothing at them in attack.

I ask his father this question- Young Jakob has no speed, no natural ball playing skills or long passing game, unless it is a pedestrian drop-off for a hit up.... why was all the pressure put on Dylan for most of the long kicks? Jakobs kicking game is apparently his strong point.

I am not death riding the kid and put all the blame on his father. He was fast tracked like no other player has been in his fathers 8 years at the helm. 

Sam Walker, Reece Walsh, Joseph Suaalii..... These are the rare talents that get fast tracked into the top grade.

As a side note, I find it concerning that our junior catchment area is confined to the the Rouse Hill Rhinos.

The three debutants this year have been- Jakob Arthur, Will Penisini & Sean Russell.... who all played for the same team at the Rhinos coached by BA. Surely our net is bigger than that?

If you did the dot to dot through all of the junior coaches at the eels... all roads lead back to relationships with BA.

That's why until that changes we will never be the production line of the Panthers.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Agree. Through no fault of his own Jacob Arthur was shown up as at best a park footballer. He was let down by his father who should have started with Will Smith without question. But also tonight our fowards got bashed and weren't up for the fight. Like against the dragons, Panthers Souths & Manly our forwards couldn't overcome a tough pack. In that situation, any halfback struggles.

• Agreed RE forward pack. The Raider were sprinting off their line every tackle they defended 

• I have spoken about this before junior rep sides are all for the mates all linked back to Ba and his rouse hill buddies 

• Yep. It's BA's fault, not JA's. It reminds me of my workplace - lazy extroverts getting promotions because they become 'mates' with the higher ups. 

• Mate it is sickening the amount of corruption in the workplace especially with the Govt Depts. Its definitely mates rates

• 1000%

As usual there will be people ok with it. 

The break neck speed he went from 'the senior players begged me to pick him' to ' hes just playing a few games probably before his time but its Dylans jersey' to  'its your team' ... is stunning. Unprecedented.

Rugby League has a history of coaches picking their sub par sons. The late great Tom Raudonikis, Chris Anderson, the dearly departed Bob Fulton, Kevin Walters... all have fallen victim to it. Brad isn't on his own. But I think many of us knew he wasnt ready, and seeing Brad bawling his eyes out after the game confirmed emotion was involved and clouding his judgement.  Unfortunate!

• I genuinely feel sorry for Jakob.

It's every kids dream to be a NRL player.

Unfortunately, he was given a rails run for the past 8 years while dad has been an NRL coach...which junior coach is going to tell the 1st grades son he is not good enough? ZERO. Kills your own coaching career pathway in the Eels JNR set up.

Thats not on Jakob. He just turned up every game and had hot air blown up his ass. Not his fault.

• You may feel sorry for him Bert, but your sorrow cannot be heartfelt as you also personalise with spite your views and agenda.Mainly against the coach but basically anyone that gets in your sights.

He may have had a rail runs and the Rouse Hill Rhino's maybe exceptional and or whatever. The reality is, it is not a healthy situation for either of the Arthurs when the son has moderate ability compared to a peer group of who are playing FG at his age. I believe Penisini looks a much more advanced product for his age and he is still arguably a full preseason away. I had no problems with Dyllan and Reed being rushed in with their obvious abilities. 

You are right just the same that JA is not in elite company and BA should advise him now that if he continues to coach the team, he is best looking for another club (unfortunately for him).

I hope you are still safe in Brazil.

• "You may feel sorry for him Bert, but your sorrow cannot be heartfelt as you also personalise with spite your views and agenda.Mainly against the coach but basically anyone that gets in your sights".

The most accurate comment I have ever seen you post Pops. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

ParraPride replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Definitely not!
I see it either being a close game with Parra winning or us winning by over 12 points."
1 hour ago
RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
4 hours ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
4 hours ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
4 hours ago
More…