The Bench

As the 2021 season draws closer (can't freakin wait) I believe our bench (if all players stay fit) will be the strongest it's been in 10yrs, will that relate to a GF appearance? Time will tell I suppose.

Whats your bench look like? 
Here's mine.... and remembering if all players are fit and are playing to their potential.

14 Roache

15 Cartwright 

16 Papali'i 

17 Hipgrave / Kaufusi 

18 Marata

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just don't think Marata does enough.

• Disagree, he has been one of our best for the past two years. Amazes me how people have Cartwright who has done didly squat for years now, and is at the cross roads of his career ( make or break) walking straight back into the team when he hasn't even proven himself over guys like Nuikore who has. MADNESS!

• 14. Roach ( Mahoney needs a break and I liked when we used to run a hooker off the bench to keep the speed up all game )

15. Marata ( Except round one due to suspension only & he is a must )

16. Cartwright ( Bring on against tied forwards )

17. Papali'i / Stone / Kafusi ( So hard to pick )

Happy to say we now have an issue on who to pick on the bench.

• 14  Roach

15  Hipgrave - cemented 

16  Nikure  - cemented 

17  Papalili - cemented 

• 14 Stone

15 Lane

16. Marata

17. Hipgrave/Kafuasi 

18. Cartwright 

I feel Papali will start

This bench gives cover for middles and edges

I feel Stone gets the nod over papali Lussick as a utility option 

Should Reed miss games the other established hookers will start instead. 

• 14. Roache if in top 30

15. Niukore 

16. Papali

17. Kaufusi/hipgrave/collins/Hughes i just don't know who would be better at this stage.

• Niukore is first pick for a bench spot.

He can cover prop and 2nd row and is damn good at both.

If Mahoney is fit I don't see the need to carry a 2nd hooker on the bench. Most 1st grade hookers play the full 80 minutes. Maybe further into the season we could look at a 2nd hooker on the bench but for at least the first 10 rounds I see no need for it.

14. Niukore 

15. Papali'i 

16. Hipgrave 

17. Kaufusi/ Cartwright (depending on the opposition)

• Without Jennings we lack a quality player that can creat something from nothing. He was something & I think with the way our halves play at time, kick in the air & hope for the best, Jennings well be missed. He the one that created something with a side step he passed at the right time & solid defender. 

• I agree on this Tim but passing at the right time and being a solid defenders comes with experience. His experience will be missed. Waqa still has plenty of time to develop these skills when he experiences different games and situations.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
1 hour ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
1 hour ago
More…