Starting to get excited

Was just watching the silly promo on the Eels website with the boys dancing about,and I thought to myself , wow thats actually a really good group of players, there is not one at least in the best 13 that is not a pretty handy player.So we should go okay right.Comparisons have been made to our 2018 team coming from 4th the previous season but really that team was pretty bad on paper compared to this one,plus we lost semi and Guth had done his knee.From memory (I've tried to forget)our best forwards were Timmy and Polar and our strike weapon was French,then we had our lucky charm Jarryd The Spoon Hayne back.Any wonder we was shite.

The common consensus was that we lost our season after the capitulation in the second half of game 1 against Penrith and lost our first 6 i believe.Which brings me back to the importance of getting off to a good start,to hit the ground running and take confidence from the first 5 or six games and get entrenched in that top 4 early.

So here are our first 5 games of 2020.Early days I know but after 5 games what points can you see us sitting on?Dogs. Titans.  Cowboys.  St George . And Tigers.

For me I'd say losing any of those would be disastrous. 10 points 50 plus for and against and sitting in 1st would be the only forgivable outcome.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • Funny, I  have studied it on paper and read the training reports etc.but that's the first time I have actually thought shit, that is a good team right there.Must have been the dancing. I keep thinking back to Dylan Brown making that chase and tackle in the dying minutes of the Storm final last year and I think if there is one thing I want from them (besides the premiership ) then it is that effort, that never say die , against all odds for your team mates for your fans ,effort.If they all can use that moment to motivate them through the season then we will go a long way.

• They are a fantastic team on paper and will give a almighty fight but next year will be their year. Any bookmakers got odds on Parra winning it in 2021?

• I hope you are right EM . However teams that start winning  from start of season usually drop performance after so many wins  . The season is too long to win 5 or 6 and keep winning for 24 games. We do not want extreme pressure on players constantly but we should expect them to lift their standards to win games when the cards need to be counted . 3 wins out the first 5 will do me thanks and keep us in top 8 so motivation to perform to higher standards continues .

• Driza does the Storm come to mind? They can win 20 of 24 we can too

• Yes Marty Storm are an exception . However given the result of Eels encounters with Storm last season we are not going to improve that much this year to be almost unbeaten throughout . 

• Egg man to be fair it does not take much for you to get excited,  you are the  same dude who took a week off work when you discovered 3 ply toilet paper for the first time such was your excitement.  

• Now to be fair Frankie, thatvwas a breakthrough of Einsteiniun proportions. Society has never been the same

• Well I will say , I am not like you and the other sickos on here, even the thought of the human centerpede repulses me, why you guys get off on that and rimming and glass tables etc.is beyond me.

Forsíða
      Visit the post for more.
      • Of course you're not like me !!! I don't get excited by simple things dope. 

• Just show him your wrestling moves mate, put him in a cuckhold.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"When was the last time a premiership was won with an expensive centre?
It's not the formula to success "
2 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I agree Mutts, I actually don't mind us going with him at Centre and forgetting Lomax. "
16 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Clubs monitoring status of Jake Arthur
"Hmmm maybe I will have to reconsider my comment as you are making some very good points 😂"
16 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Melbourne badly need middles too, not sure why they would get rid of one of their best."
18 minutes ago
More…