'Sorry Gutho', Moses apologises.

This article in the Daily Telegraph today :

SORRY, GUTHO
MOSES REPENTANT AFTER BLASTING CAPTAIN

PARRAMATTA halfback Mitchell Moses apologised to skipper Clinton Gutherson after going overboard in an on-field spat during the Eels’ commanding 40-12 win over Wests Tigers at Bankwest Stadium on Sunday.
Fox Sports audio picked up Moses telling his captain “Gutho, quick Gutho, f... off” as the pair argued over whether to take a quick tap or shoot for goal late in the game.
They also exchanged words at halftime and during different stages of the game, but Moses had no issues with the reprimand he received.
“I thought he was trying to take a quick tap and I gave him a little bit of a spray and he goes ‘mate, don’t speak to me like that’,” Moses said.
“I realised what I did and said ‘sorry, mate’. We’re in the heat of the battle and Gutho knows I mean it in the best way possible.
“I love Gutho. He’s one of my best mates in the team. We are sweet.”
Coach Brad Arthur was not surprised to hear the pair had clashed.
“They are like that at training,’’ Arthur said. “They spray each other from the time they walk on the field to the time they get off.
“That’s fine as long as it’s all in good spirit. That’s the relationship they’ve got.”
Moses added: “When he speaks, everyone listens. Everyone in the team has so much respect for Gutho, including myself.
“If he gives you a spray it’s coming from a good place.”
Moses went from zero to hero in a stunning 15-minute transformation that blew away the Wests Tigers.
The Eels led by just eight at halftime but a Moses-inspired three-try blitz in the first 10 minutes of the second half set-up a resounding 40-12 victory.
From holding his head in his hands to holding it high as man-of-thematch, Moses scored a try and engineered two more early in the second half after earlier botching an easy four-pointer.
The No.7 swallowed a Gutherson grubber kick four minutes from halftime, diving over for what appeared a certain try and a 20-0 lead to the Eels.
But the bunker found the smallest of knock-ons and denied the try.
The Tigers made the most of the let-off, sweeping up the other end of the field to score through Jacob Liddle.
Just like that, a 20-point advantage was cut to a nervous eight-point lead and it was game back on.
Moses could have crawled into a hole but took it upon himself to make up for the embarrassing mistake.
It was his roof-high bomb just after the break that forced a dropped ball from Tigers fullback Daine Laurie, leaving Waqa Blake to pick up the scraps and score under the posts.
Moses did it all himself two minutes later, slicing through and outpacing the defence in a thrilling 65m run to the line.
As an encore, he produced two double pumps before sending Maika Sivo over in the corner and kicking the sideline conversion on 50 minutes. It swept Parramatta to an unassailable 32-6 lead – all three tries coming while Tigers forward Shawn Blore was in the sin bin for a professional foul. Moses finished with 20 points from a try and eight goals.
Eels forward Isaiah Papali’i finished the game in the sin bin after being reported for dropping a knee on Luciano Leilua.
HOW THE WEST WAS LOST
You have to go back to 2018, when Ivan Cleary was in charge, to find the last time the Tigers beat Parramatta.
Since that day, the Eels have won seven straight. The Tigers were all heart and determination but unforced errors, ill-discipline and a poor start to the second half cost them dearly.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looked like a petulant farking 13 year old, Brettles.

Horrible stuff.

• Haha, nice one fongy.

•  Clever  Fongy

• This reply was deleted.
    • Ha ha! Not a chance in hell!

• Doesn't mean he would've been wrong had he done so. 

•     The boys were rushing things and forcing plays and Guth can often get caught up in that rubbish. Maybe Moses was a little aggressive but in frustration he was just trying to get the team to settle

• OMG, a player who had been running full tilt for about 70 mins of a football game raised his voice and even used a naughty word when he only had 3 seconds to make his point. Oh. My. God. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R86O6d3d18w

• I know, absolutely disgraceful. BA should drop Moses till he fixes that attitude :P

• Non issue just shows they have an honest relationship which I like. They are the 2 most important players in our side and Moses is more or less the second on field captain anyway. 

• When someone tells you to fuck off---how does that make you feel.? I can understand when that is done in jest -no issues. Some will say no harm done-----I don,t know-- Those things have a tendency to resurface when stress is high and a similar conflict arises.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Fiddy replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Eels will win in a very close, ugly game"
10 minutes ago
Fiddy replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"No, but, this is the right of passage for a lot of fullbacks... "
14 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"He's got no heart.
He always goes for the easy option first doesn't run hard doesn't use his size.Hes a110 kg guy playing like an 85 kg guy.Hes still slow after doing a off season with Roger Fabri.
I don't think that changes he's the classic guy…"
25 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Eels by 18"
28 minutes ago
More…