Sivo out of rehab and back to full contact

Great news to hear that Sivo has dropped the orange vest and is back to destroying opponents. Apparently had a great first week, I think he'll destroy them in the Penrith trial and we'll see him in Round 1.

I'm looking forward to Fergo and him pummeling kick chasers :)

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He’s about the only one I’m excited about tbh.

Lets see if he can convert that potential into becoming the next Semi.

• I have been watching his progress closely, was worried weather he woulld be fit for round one, Very exited about this bloke, Should get a start in round one or i will be very disappointed this guy is a freak, he has more talent in his left nut than George Jennings has in his entire family. He will beat tupou in a one on one ariel contest,  I have huge raps on him. He is something special.  Big strong Fast great fend and huge step. If all goes well with injuries ect. I will tip him now to be our top try scorer and right up there in the nrl top tryscoresrs. Can’t wait to watch him against Penrith next week.

My Round 1 Backline

Gutherson

Sivo

Jennings

Takerangi

Ferguson

Brown

Moses

Takers to Fill in at Centre Untill Salmon Returns, I don’t think french will be in the team, We Have a pretty big Backline and will help us with early Meters.

• Great to hear, gee I hope Sivo turns out to be as good as we hope he will be. If he is even 85% as good as Semi then he and Fergo could be the gun wing combo  in the comp. 

• If he was in our team last season, we would have won at least a few of those 7,8,or 9 games that we lost by 6, 4, and 2 points AND NO WOODEN SPOON.  But l wanted us to get the spoon anyway to ensure we worked harder & recruited smarter etc before the next season.  If we didn't get the spoon, we may not have got Sivo, so, death-riding my own team worked wonders :)

I feel for Bevan if he misses out and I don't want us to lose him. Injuries happen and he'll get his chance.   Hopefully, between Sivo, French, and The Fer-tilizer, they'll score enough tries between them throughout the season and maybe, just maybe, we can scrape into the 8.

A lot will depend on our very young spine.  We need our forwards to make life easier for our spine, so that our spine can make life easier for our backline.  Of course, all that becomes nullified and goes out the window if we DON'T STOP GIVING AWAY DUMB PENALTIES and make everything harder on ourselves 

• If we can land Luke i think we can make the 8.

• Speaking of penalties, l thought Brad Arthur said we were doing drills specifically to do with penalties?

Or was the whole exercise designed to DEFEND AGAINST PENALTIES?

Shouldn't we be working on being more disciplined and NOT GIVE PENALTIES AWAY in the first place?  

l mean, DISCIPLINE is the real difference between the top teams & bottom teams. It's not fitness, it's not skill, because if you forced the top teams to defend for 75%+ in a game, they would fall apart in every department/aspect just like we did.

In that Raiders trial, we got penalized 2 times in the very first minute of the game. What excuse could there possibly be for that because we certainly weren't fatigued.  Unless BA instructed them to put into actions those very same drills we practiced (defending against penalties) during pre season training ? 

Then we did the same thing 2 minutes before halftime giving away 2 more penalties.  So maybe I'm right? Maybe it was all intentional so as to get a good defensive workout against that reserve grade raiders squad? 

I mean, you don't get 2 points out of winning a trial game, but you can certainly get a hell of a lot more out of it towards winning 2 points in real games.

• Wenty and our Juniors played the last 2 quarters. First grade was winning 2O nil at half time. 

• Actually, the Roosters and Storm had two of the worst error rates and gave away a lot of penalties last season.

• Penalties per game, 2018:

9.0 Raiders

8.9 Panthers

8.7 Titans

8.5 Seagulls

8.2 Warriors

8.0 Eels

8.0 Sharks

7.9 Rabbitohs

7.9 Roosters

7.9 Tigers

7.6 Broncos

7.6 Knights

7.6 Storm

7.2 Cowboys

6.9 Dragons

6.6 Bulldogs

That's the top four in bold. Looks like the best teams generally conceded an average number of penalties last year.

Our only real problem last year was our attack. We were built to attack the edges and the refs were cracking down on the ruck, which meant they let teams stand offside out wide. It killed us, and because we struggled to score points it led to higher risk play and plenty of turnovers. This meant we had less possession in nearly every game we played.

This is why we signed Paulo and Ferguson - two blokes who carry the ball well through the middle.

• Will salmon get a run without injuries 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hugo replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"My thoughts exactly. "
9 minutes ago
christeel replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"eels  28 over the  fins 8.  ... m o m  Dylan brown... "
9 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Axel's discussion Brad and Bennett
"Never invested in top line talent ?  Obviously Mike Wood has never read this site .  We have the top 3 player in the NRL in almost every position .  There were  two clubs circling for Brown , Paulo , Matto and Moses , and we were just lucky nobody…"
21 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"I can see that he's got plenty of raw talent but the way the club is carrying on, anyone would think he's the next coming of Jarryd Hayne.
He needs to cool his heels and develop his game in reserves and then BA can promote him. Until then he's…"
35 minutes ago
More…