Should we go after JWH?

No idea if we have any cap space left after nabbing RCG but surely the Roosters must be feeling the pinch on their cap after so much recent success. Player managers will be demanding their clients get upgrades and the Roosters will soon find it difficult to retain all their stars. If we approach them and arrange a deal to take JWH, assuming they'd be willing to let him go, do you think we should go for it? His acquisition would suddenly thrust us into premiership contention with him, Fergo, and Jennings all boasting big match experience to lead us forward when things get serious. He'd also finally give our pack that much needed aggression that Timmy just couldn't quite offer us bless him.

Thoughts?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Paul I agree with you on the props situation and I would look at the advantage of Matto who can play at 12 he compliments Lane as far as size is concerned, although a bit shorter, it provides the advantage of a strike player on the bench and that person is Marata who has really come good.

• Not sure if we need anymore front rowers, but if we were after one thinking Trent Merrin would be a cheaper prospect and a handy pickup. He is keen to get back into the NRL.

• And another player looking for a retirement home at 30, he is a pretty fair player but let go by serveral clubs, has had some injuries in his last few years in Oz, would rather spend the time, money and effort on our younger players from within.

• Would sign this bloke in a heartbeat. Can't believe we aren't looking at him. Imagine the rotation with junior, JWH starting props then RCG & Evans coming off the bench? Add Matterson into the mix= premiership contender!

• Yes, he the difference, so he gets suspended, boo hoo it happens to us now for small crap & this over the hill & already peak just rubbish, some have no idea. Bring him in & watch the eels go!! 

• Yes sign him for 2 years because he has aggression and we need that. With RCG and Brown and JWH no team will match the EELS up front for aggression. We could then lay a perfect foundation for the backs to shine.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Electric Eel 2 replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Parramatta Eels sign Zac Lomax for 2025
"He played ok for the first couple of games. Gone missing in action since."
4 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Was thinking the same thing!"
6 minutes ago
JB. Prints of Parra replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 7 Team List v Dolphins
"They will play Gutherson through the middle and give Lussick a spell.
Bit of disruption, but of energy, help with direction."
8 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"I can't limit it to five, and sorry if time frame may be incorrect as I am an endless life fan who has been tortured for far too long.  1. Gutho 2 Moses 3. RCG 4. Junior 5. Beau Scott ( for that period we need some resolve), 6 Mau 7. Jennings 8.…"
11 minutes ago
More…