Replies

• I think Mitch kicks when his calf is right. Mitch needs the confidence boost from kicking goals, and gutho as captain doesn't need the added pressure week to week.

• Geez the cracking blogs come out after a game...

No, Gutho shouldn't retain goalkicking fucking duties.

• Gutho was smashing them no doubt, he's clearly done some practice, but no, goalkicking is part of Mitch's game, goalkickers want to kick goals. 

• Id keep mitch when he's kicking well he plays well

• He a great back up.

• Should Moses return? Out attack appears more potent without him. 

• Scoring 42 against the Cowboys, who have been in the bottom 4 defensive teams all year, hardly establishes "more potent without". 

I think a better measure is to look to the places in the first half where the Cowboys did in fact threaten in attack. The Eels had 3 poor, ineffective last tackle kicks. We gifted the Cowboys field position each time. Part of an attacking arsenal is controlling field position and guess who helps enable that for us?

Our attack was humming along fine, and how quickly everyone seems to forget we played Penrith, Manly, Roosters and Raiders in a row. Moses plays direct and pulls the defenses inwards. They can't slide off of him. His line break assists are high but playmakers who take heat inside might struggle to get credit. Except from those former players, the experts, who voted Moses Dally M 7 in 2019 and judge him neck and neck with Cleary for NSW 7. I'll respect their judgement. 

• No but he is a great back up to have. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Thanks, Muttman. Yeah, spot on. Our footy board is largely bankers-based. That's an issue related to cultural problems; which appear to be coming home to roost this year. Our R&R committee largely relies on Arthur and O'Niell for footy nous, and…"
6 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Nothing to do with Lomax Mutts."
7 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Well after 11yrs I'd take Flanagan any day."
8 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"NOS, that's such high praise coming from you, bro. 
I agree with everthing you said.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens this week."
13 minutes ago
More…