Replies

• Excellent work Storm. Another example of their professionalism.

• And Mahoney was the ultimate professional wining and dining at the Bulldogs midway through his eels contract,  go figure The storm have every right to let Smith go. Mahoney should go aswell 

• The Roosters already stated they cannot fit him under the cap this year, we would be happy to take Verrills for 100% of his contract instead of Roosters pitching in, or even get Verrills and another player like an Egan Butcher or Fletcher Baker who are on boarderline of being great.

• "Highly Regarded"

As in, yeah he's ok but not worth upgrading to keep him.

Perfect for a club like the EELS. Cheap and nasty.

• Hey Frank, LB does make a reasonable case. I wouldn’t consider Verrills as a discard, nor did the Roosters. They signed him on a three contract as their future long-term hooker. That is until Smith became available.

Verrills may not be at Reeds level just yet but he’s not far behind, he’s bigger and younger with more speed than Reed.

My cousin is an avid Dogs fan, he sent me a 2021 Reed highlights package, it’s impressive until you realise 98% of his highlights were against bottom 4 teams. Most of his 2021 stats can be compressed to the Titans, Bronco’s, and the Warriors.

I would make my peace losing Reed if the Storm release Smith to the Roosters, the Roosters release Verrills to the Eels and we piss Reed off to the Dogs for 2022.  

• Well said mate 

• Hey Joe.

Im with you, if that's who Buzz is referring to. 
        Most likely it's not, and knowing the way the Eels shop it's a Neville nobody that the Rooster’s would be happy to let go....

• It can't be anyone else could it Frank? Verrills is surplus for the Roosters. The club is struggling to keep Paulo and Brown, I doubt they'd sign anyone right now other than a hooker or a budget winger but the article refers to the player as a "star" Who ever it is must be a starter at the Roosters.

But you never know with the Eels, I'm hoping and praying Buzz is referring to Verrills.
          The only other player I can think of Joseph Suaalii. I've read he's on the nose at the Roosters. If it's him, then I agree with you 100%,

• So .... I don't get how teams can sign players without having the funds .  Let's just say nobody agrees to take whoever the Rorters decide is surplus unless Roosters chip in a big part of their contract . And the rorters can't pull it off. So silly Smith ends up staying at Melbourne.  

it's a big fucking gamble telling the media you're moving before the club can even fit you in . 

• Same with Mahoney. The Dogs don't have the cap space for him yet in 2023. If they can't find clubs to take their 'rejects' off them, Mahoney would have to go back on the open market.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Eel for life's discussion Team List Against Manly
"Arthur will have to be pushed, so the board need to be on board and think they will sit back for a bit."
5 minutes ago
BEM replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I want BA gone because we aren't wining. 
Why would I want him gone if we were wining. "
6 minutes ago
Darren Munro replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"If gutho knee is gone then move him into the front line. Move someone else to fb. Carty is injured and should be rested."
8 minutes ago
Green Eel replied to Eel for life's discussion Team List Against Manly
"If Manly flog Parra, and Brad Arthur doesn't go ; that'll do me"
12 minutes ago
More…