Scumbag Ayoub at it again

Fox Sports just re-hashed a story from SMH regarding Gutho wanting more than 2 years....and won't accept any unders.

A message to Gutho - If the club is keeping negotiations inhouse, tell your dickhead manager to keep his mouth shut.   

STICKING POINT IN EELS SKIPPER’S EXTENSION TALKS

Parramatta captain Clint Gutherson’s extension talks with the club hinge on the length of the deal.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Eels are looking to offer an extension of two years, but Gutherson wants at least three and even four.

A two-year extension would take Gutherson through until the end of the 2024 season, but Gutherson’s management want his next deal to take him through until 2026 when he will turn 32.

Gutherson’s extension talks are considered sensitive due to the fact his management and the club were involved in drawn out negotiations the last time he re-signed and he reportedly took less money to stay then.

It is understood Gutherson’s management won’t settle for unders or a reduced number of years this time around.

The club have promised to keep negotiations behind closed doors in a bid to avoid a repeat of the last time Gutherson’s deal was up for renewal.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Love me Love me not.....not much love there Wiz

I just don't understand why people have turned against him.....?

• I don't think people have turned against him. Many just don't consider him an elite fullback and never have. Throw Sam Ayoub into the mix and you start to build a picture. Brown to fullback, Ponga to 5/8. Problem solved :-) 

• It's about questioning his commitment to the club he's supposed to be captaining. I don't think the offer is unreasonable , either does anyone else from what I've read. He obviously thinks he's worth sacrificing a few of his team mates for. Everyone else including the club it seems thinks he's not. Playing it out via the media is Parramatta of old and he seems to be stuck in that old mindset so for that reason I'd be happy for us to leave him in that past era. 

• To be fair a lot of these guys that Gutho is compared to haven't feared any better but are on a boatload more coin because the clubs think that's what they are worth to the team.

Your Ponga Tedesco Turbos of the world.

I'm with Brett on this one what is Gutho worth to Parra that's the question.The biases are all over the place what he's worth from fans some just aren't realistic.

• Gutho simply isn't anywhere on the attacking levels of any of those guys. Even young Jayden Campbell will leapfrog Gutherson in 2022. We obviously have talent coming through that BA seems to think will be pushing for that spot in the next 12 -24 months and Guthersons no Billy Slater that's for sure and won't have the talent to hold the kids away from stealing his spot. 

He's just not that bloody good peeps , live with it. Tbh I'll be shocked if he can even hold his spot until the end of 2023. 

• what ever Parramatta puts on the table for the " King " ether he takes it or leave it ,imo as I've mentioned before  parra's  # 1 priority is  Dylan Brown. 

• If I'm ONeil I'm all in for the next 2 years this is the window he has to set the team up for a premiership push.

Everything after that worry about it then.

They no doubt have a plan and who they want to keep and how much they want to pay.

In thee open market right now the secret is to hold your water not blow your wad.

Gutho the club probably only want to guarantee 2 years.If push comes to shove let him test the market and if someone gives him 4 years 3 mill so be it.

• One thing is certain and that is the club will only sign Gutho to a deal they believe is in their interests. Any media discussion on the negotiations are coming from his manager, which means the club is doing what they should be doing. A 4 year extension is clearly insane, and only a desperate club would sign him to that.

• Maybe BA can top up Gutho from his salary.

• Couldn't care less if Gutho left.

Couldn't care less if Jnr left.

Couldn't care less if Matto left.

We can't lose Reed, Ice, Drown or Marata.

These are the guys we need to cement in asap.

If BA can't get it done well it shows that maybe the club erred in extending him 2 more years.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Avon Barksdale posted a discussion
Graham Annesley has conceded a controversial obstruction call that cost Roosters star Joey Manu a fair try against the Panthers was wrong. The NRL head of football has wasted no time conceding that video referee Chris Butler failed to use the…
26 seconds ago
Poppa posted a discussion
Lomax is reputably on 800k, I am not sure when his contract expires. No one's going to get him for a bargainWhen his 800 at Saints expires you might!.............he has been a Saints junior and prodigy the whole time, I think its a bit sad when you…
10 minutes ago
Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Mick Cronin"
16 minutes ago
Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"And the local kebab shop"
16 minutes ago
More…