Ryan Matterson Ruled Out against Dragons

Ryan Matterson has been ruled out of tomorrow's clash against the Dragons due to ongoing concussion rehabilitation.. I'm not sure who is his replacement but I would suggest maybe Hipgrave.

The following is from the Eels Website:

Parramatta Eels second rower Ryan Matterson has been ruled out of tomorrow’s Round Five clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons suffering ongoing symptoms of concussion. 

The Club has been closely monitoring Ryan since the incident in Round Two and as a precaution he will miss tomorrow’s game. The Eels’ playing squad will be updated at 6:15pm.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ray Price would be disgusted.

• I doubt he would Grunta

• I worry about Matt's long term prospects that's 3 concussions as a 1st grade player that have resulted in long spells on the sidelines I would not be surprised if he ends up having a shortened career 

• Thinking the same thing.

• If I were the club I wouldn't resign him.

Take the money and buy someone else. It's a tough game but sometimes tough decisions need to be made for the benefit of the team.

• They more than likely won't resign him due to his ongoing issues with concussion. It wouldn't surprise me if he actually retires early. Your health is more important than money.

• It could very well be a case of sitting the rest of the year out if he feels constant complications. Though to be fair, i sort of prefer Papali'i at 12 more than Matterson at the moment.

• he should wear a helmet

• I would throw Cartwright into 12.

leave Papali on the bench as he can come on and play prop.

• I actually Carty is going to be more effective in the middle. He was definitely more effective in the middle last week in NSW Cup

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
1 hour ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
2 hours ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
2 hours ago
More…