Ryan Matterson Ruled Out against Dragons

Ryan Matterson has been ruled out of tomorrow's clash against the Dragons due to ongoing concussion rehabilitation.. I'm not sure who is his replacement but I would suggest maybe Hipgrave.

The following is from the Eels Website:

Parramatta Eels second rower Ryan Matterson has been ruled out of tomorrow’s Round Five clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons suffering ongoing symptoms of concussion. 

The Club has been closely monitoring Ryan since the incident in Round Two and as a precaution he will miss tomorrow’s game. The Eels’ playing squad will be updated at 6:15pm.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Papali'i will start with Stone on the bench.

No offence to Stone but surely we have better options. 

• Yep, Stone has been added to the bench. It was either him or Hipgrave.

• I'm a big fan of Stone I think if given a long enough spell he will surprise alot of people 

• Sorry Offside but I just don't see it.

To small for a forward and not skilful enough for the backs or spine.

Just my opinion though. 

• I watched alot of him in coming through the system.

I was talking to a bloke who played against in nsw cup reckons he's hits as hard as anyone 

• I think he could be another Nathan Brown. The game now suits the smaller forwards. 

• I don't think we need Stone as a good ball player, already got JP, NB and Carty when he comes on. Throw in MM and Gutho. Ray Stone is a good defender and a bit of a work horse. He can put a good hit on.

We keep hearing it's becoming the smaller players game especially in the middle, still need 3/4 big boys. Given more game time Ray Stone will pay his way.

Carty is the one I think Will struggle. May need more time in Reggies, his never been a great defender.

• He becomes a harder sell for his manager hawking his wares to prospective clubs . A player with multiple concussions could be become a legal liability in the future regarding CTE and whether clubs were diligent in their player safety protocols which will scare plenty of perspective suitors.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Prof. Daz posted a discussion
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
5 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Well Lomax will be a lot more expensive, Carty would have been on minimum for most of the time and probably only 350/400 now. Carty is not that marketable unless he sell himself attached to the coach LOL"
37 minutes ago
"Thanks Hoe, agree with what you said.
I tried to specifically generalise about player valuations and use Lomax as an example. To answer Sluggo who was taking the piss, I can accept the premise he is making but I personally had overlooked Waqa as an…"
41 minutes ago
"Well thought out and expressed Slippery.... you raise good points about circumstantial valuations."
54 minutes ago
More…