Ryan Matterson Ruled Out against Dragons

Ryan Matterson has been ruled out of tomorrow's clash against the Dragons due to ongoing concussion rehabilitation.. I'm not sure who is his replacement but I would suggest maybe Hipgrave.

The following is from the Eels Website:

Parramatta Eels second rower Ryan Matterson has been ruled out of tomorrow’s Round Five clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons suffering ongoing symptoms of concussion. 

The Club has been closely monitoring Ryan since the incident in Round Two and as a precaution he will miss tomorrow’s game. The Eels’ playing squad will be updated at 6:15pm.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ray Price would be disgusted.

• I doubt he would Grunta

• I worry about Matt's long term prospects that's 3 concussions as a 1st grade player that have resulted in long spells on the sidelines I would not be surprised if he ends up having a shortened career 

• Thinking the same thing.

• If I were the club I wouldn't resign him.

Take the money and buy someone else. It's a tough game but sometimes tough decisions need to be made for the benefit of the team.

• They more than likely won't resign him due to his ongoing issues with concussion. It wouldn't surprise me if he actually retires early. Your health is more important than money.

• It could very well be a case of sitting the rest of the year out if he feels constant complications. Though to be fair, i sort of prefer Papali'i at 12 more than Matterson at the moment.

• he should wear a helmet

• I would throw Cartwright into 12.

leave Papali on the bench as he can come on and play prop.

• I actually Carty is going to be more effective in the middle. He was definitely more effective in the middle last week in NSW Cup

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Snottie Pimpin replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"Easily the most embarassing.
Their fullback is a 65kg ringing wet reserve grader who was busting through our middle at will.  That side was mostly journeymen who showed up with the right attitude  and it was enough to easily roll our side. Some of…"
3 minutes ago
EA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Bennett for coach 2025
"Not to mention the team with the biggest premiership drought. Has Bennet all over it."
5 minutes ago
Pork Rind replied to jamie's discussion Lussick only back on the 4th tackle.
"Should've seen how sad Hands looked on the bench when the camera panned across to asi"
5 minutes ago
Pork Rind replied to jamie's discussion Lussick only back on the 4th tackle.
"There should be stats for darts from dummy half per game, which I believe he tops the charts."
6 minutes ago
More…