We're (Europeans) feeling quite edgy and concerned about the military build up by Russian troops on the Ukraine border. Ukraine already was forced to cede territory to the Russian less than 10 years ago but it's getting out of hand now with NATO getting involved to try help the Ukrainians through negotiation because as it seems, they will offer fuck all through muscle.

There always seems to be an ulterior motive in these situations. What are the Russians truly after is the big question and I'm no geopolitical expert when it comes to Northern European Politics.It kinds of reminds me of Hitler's aggression to Germany's neighbours where everyone was giving Germany all they wanted (Appeasment- Chamberlain holding up a piece of paper that Hitler signed but ended up shitting on anyway) to preserve the... peace but they ended up getting what they asked for but invaded anyway.

I'd be glad to read your view points on this very serious situation.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Genuine lols reading this comment Brissy. I second this.

• oh for sure budgie. I would much rather believe a random Russian family in our Countrys Capital Canberra, that attended an Australian demonstration for "ill leave out what i really think, because each to their own." Not for once would i consider how does a Russian Family attend a demonstration on the steps of democracy during a 2 year covid lockout of foreigners. That would be a spy story in itself wouldnt it. Anyway as i was saying id much rather believe your new Russian mates and what they were telling me so much more then paying attention to multiple if not hundreds of free media organisations based within democratic countries and my only reason for believing in the Russian family so much is because  most wars are instigated by the USA for profit by elites and i dont believe what the media tells me...

mmmmmmmmm wow, now thats some real brain cells working hard.

For the record in a very basic and micro way, its about the Ukraine wanting to be a democratic country, they want to be apart of Nato, and the military backup that that represents. Russia sees this as way to close to their doorstep and want the Ukraine territory as a buffer zone from the wests democratic and military ways, NATOs influence and its protections that come with that.

• That just about sums it up-Russia needs a buffer zone.

• Buffers are the end of the line, to prevent mobile vehicles to go any further.

• yeah budgie, it shows you dont watch the news anymore - just make stuff up. 

• I think you should test yourself for Novichok.

• The US military manufacturing machine needs wars to keep the economey going

• lol, Keet, you been on the Datura again?

Seriously the lack of meat in your diets starting to concern me.

• It's really as simple as this - 

Russia knows that Ukraine wants to join NATO. If they join then NATO ( the USA ) floods Ukraine with weapons and US bases and they can't afford that. 
    They also hope that one day Ukraine rejoins the motherland as it's full of resources.

Russia only wants an assurance from NATO that Ukraine will not be able to join NATO and the US has refused this request citing that Ukraine should be able to chose to join NATO if it wishes. 

It would be like Mexico joining a Russian backed security pact. The USA would never allow it. 
    In fact that was what the Cuban Missile Crisis was all about. 

All the USA has to do is agree that Ukraine will not be able to join NATO and the troops would be withdrawn.

• Kinda similar to Greece's situation having to sell our arses to the French because the Turks have been picking their dicks for a while now. NATO was walking on the fence since Turkey is also a NATO member, Germany always sides with Turkey, the US does business with both and sells us the same shit but Turkey gets 7 to our 3 so we decided to go French who have superior fighterjets than Turkey's, made a deal with Israel and Egypt who Turkey is at odds with, so they settled down again and is now content with barking instead of showing teeth.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/greece-france-defence-pact-pro...

Greek parliament approves defence pact with France
      Greek lawmakers ratified on Thursday a new defence agreement between Greece and France that will allow them to come to each other's aid in the event…
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Pops, great post & points.

Part of that lack of belief / confidence in the group could also be stemming from the Eels inability to finish inside red zones, due to missing those outside backs (and attacking strategies) you speak of who turn…"
13 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"LB I think Brad is really starting to feel the pressure and hearing the noise. He as all coaches know our game is result driven and the buck stops with the coach. 
Ethan has ability and a good kicking game. Brad needs him to bring it to first grade.…"
17 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
" HOE, monumental effort compiling so much information, statistics & evidence into one blog & keeping it compelling throughout.
 As Frank said, this might just be your best work yet. Thankyou for putting such time in, it's appreciated.

I find it…"
29 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Blue Eel's discussion The Truth Hurts: Article
"Says the man with Homer as his avatar, it does need explaining Hugo because you are criticising professionals and showing no respect in the process....Wiz is much more interested in toilet training and is unquestionably qualified as an expert in…"
34 minutes ago
More…