RULE CHANGES ARE NEEDED!

I believe the 7 tackle set starting at the 20 metre mark must be looked at.  I could be wrong but I thought the 7 tackle set rule was introduced to stop teams deliberately kicking the ball over the dead ball line to slow the play down and restart with a set defensive line. I have no issues with this part of the rule.  The thing that should be changed is if a player is attempting to score a try but he loses possession or knocks on the opposition shouldn't be awarded a 7 tackle set.  When this occurs the defending team should get a normal restart (6 tackles) from the 20 metre line. 

The next rule that makes zero sense to me is the 15 minute HIA rule. If a player leaves the field for a HIA and he passes the test in 5 minutes,  why must he stay of for 15 minutes? I could be wrong but I think the 15 minute rule is game time,  therefore,  if a player goes for a HIA 5 minutes before half-time and he passes the test he still can't return until 10 minutes into the second half.  

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 6 man bench and eight interchange should be the rule change

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
1 minute ago
EA replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I am happy to get Lomax, as long it doesn't destroy Talagi's future with the club. Also depends what type of Sivo we get. Because personally based on form, I think we need a winger more than a centre."
4 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I am losing a little patience with Greig. I like him, but he has shown he is prone to injuries, wonder if that is due to size, and fitness problems. Greig is a talent and can be a great Prop in the game, but with the bench the way it is he may get…"
36 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"He has played the last two weeks, how long does he need to get fitness? Plus at this stage of his development he shouldn't have to take a month to get match fit."
39 minutes ago
More…