Reserves:

18. Joey Lussick

19. Keegan Hipgrave 

20. Haze Dunster

21. Jordan Rankin

IN: Waqa Blake, Jakob Arthur, Ray Stone

OUT: Marata Niukore, Dylan Brown, Haze Dunster 

Referee: Ashley Klein

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well what other options to we currently have ?

• BA moving heaven and earth?

What? Are you okay Frank? Did Brad force Dylan to knee Hutchison? Did he break Will Smith's hand. He's only getting a crack because the choice is Rankin or Arthur. And while I wanted to see Rankin, I can see why Jakob has been chosen. He gets three cracks in the NRL before heading back to the reserves. That's almost the ideal way to bring through a half.

• Statistically and experience wise Rankin has it over Jakob, however realistically looking forward to 2022 and beyond, Arthur MUST be given a fair shot, and now is the perfect time.

We are clear on 16 points so a loss would put some pressure on us but will not destroy our season

If Jakob turns out to be a straight up disaster Rankin will not have gone away.

• B.A has had plenty of opportunity to give Rankin a crack.  He hasn't and I can only see that his position is that Rankin has been contracted purely on the basis of assisting up and comers.

• EE, if one looks through the NSW cup team list, some of the players I have no idea of but there is a couple that have likely played with other clubs at reserves or even NRL games, in saying that, of the team that's been picked for this weekend there's likely only 4-5 who have higher grade experience, therefore they are not a top line team overall, and need perhaps the likes of Rankin and a couple of others who have tasted the higher levels, but its still the aspect that Rankin is the key director in the lower grade team,  The rest of the team are pretty much rookies or come from other clubs as they have been dropped.

• Colin, as I stated, BA has had a number of opportunities to give Rankin a promotion.  He hasn't, despite how well he has been playing in the lower grade.  Rankin has had his opportunities in first grade and overseas.  Never lived up to the potential, but is still a quality footballer. As I stated, it is quite clear that the Club sees him more as an experienced operator to guide lower grade players and in terms of first grade is the absolute final backstop. He is approaching the end of his career, as a solid, but not stand out player. I think the Club is taking the opportunity to see how the next reported talent stands up. After all, if he does, he is 18 and has a potentially long career ahead versus a couple of seasons of fill in.

• EE, I am not trying to put Rankin down in any way at all.  From what I have seen of him he's a reliable player, the question that sticks in my mind is What is his role? that is within the club overall.  He certainly shows his abilities in the reggies squad and one can tell he can read the play, has a good goal kicking ability and the like.  He's listed in the eels NRL squad as a 5/8 so position is covered, but I get the feeling there is something more with him and the club.

He came to the eels mid way through last season, and was pretty much more involved in that team and moreso in the training area's. Dare I suggest he could have been a fair call to have him replace DB, but that hasn't happened. 

I tend to believe though that his spot is more akin to a playingg coach role for the NSW cup, his arrival last year meant he trained with the NRL team & players, learning the eels structure and being readied to be a type of player that also is there for the younger NSW cup players and direct them around the field.

He's picked in the game this coming saturday at Ringrose park which is the make up match against Canberra and the washed out match back in round 2, I see him more useful with that role than as an NRL player, that's not to say he wont get a shot in the top side if the need came up.   

• Yep apparently, injuries, suspensions and the covid bubble must have all been a part of a B.A's  nepotistic plan just so he can promote his son early, who may well get shown to be underdone, and then it will be his fault.  I wreckon, BA told Dylan to drop the knees and get suspended, just to promote his son.  FFS!

• Now you are catching on EE.

Very complex and intricate plan but it looks like has has pulled it off.

NOOOOOO, not the same pulling off we are seeing in this blog, pulled of the NRL scam of the century.

Royal Commission required.

• This reply was deleted.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
3 minutes ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
13 minutes ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
13 minutes ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
20 minutes ago
More…