Reserves:

18. Joey Lussick

19. Keegan Hipgrave 

20. Haze Dunster

21. Jordan Rankin

IN: Waqa Blake, Jakob Arthur, Ray Stone

OUT: Marata Niukore, Dylan Brown, Haze Dunster 

Referee: Ashley Klein

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And there is where I get lost in all of this -  Imagine the real rugby league community furore if he had been

If the power's that be say the kid is ready then ir's time to give him his shot at the Bigtime.

For the Eels the timing of this could not be beter - 2 of the tougher bottom 8 teams.plus the Sowfs, then into SOO in June.

• Robinson given 10,000 dollar  fine , but suspended on the proviso he does not reoffend. Gee thar's severe isn't it !

• Fillef up on Claytons tonic.

• I can't believe all the negative comments on here about a young local junior being both upgraded to the top squad and given his debut. I understand he is the coaches son, for mine that makes his elevation even more impressive.. There is no way his dad would set him up to fail.

Jacob's elevation has been quick, I'm guessing quicker than the coach would have wanted but look at the circumstances...I for one wish him well, having watched most of the NSW cup games he has played in I believe he has a lot to offer both this year when injuries arise and in the years to come.

Play well Jacob and go you mighty Eels!

• Haven't seen much of Jacob, the few games I have I thought has good skills but was a year or 2 off playing NRL. Hope he goes well as we don't have much option only Rankin who is bog average and had to go o England to get a gig or Will Smith who I believe would of done the job. but if Jacob works out good for us as he is for the future. You never know until given a go so after this game we will know if he is ready, a year or 2 away or not upto 1st grade.

• Good to see a 'bog' average player who couldn't get a regular NRL spot and who had to go to 'super league' to get a gig then get recruited by the Eels of course knowing he's only 'bog average' to be Capt of reserves and assist in the training of potential future Eels stars. Lets just hope they also don't become just 'bog average.

• IMO the question is not does JA deserve but whether or not it is too early for JA's best interest.

Rankin has done himself proud and has been playing very well. Maybe he would go well in first grade and maybe not. The key point is that JA has more upside and gets priority. Rankin is not that far off getting a run.

• Hope Jacob goes alright, on a shutdown, with a few intrust footy players out here. One was sayin MM and Nicholas Hyne have been approached by Wayne Bennet to head up the new franchise. Old mate recons rumour MM around 1.2 mill  

Only noise right now. Hope MM signs with Eels.

• Which franchise is Bennett with?

Politically speaking Dolphins have it stitched up.

Ex ALP heads in NRL head office with $MILLIONS already thrown at stadium and other upgrades over past few years - all council and government money.

2 years from MM would not hurt us me thinks.

• Not sure Sir Col, I had Eels cap and coat on, so took it as them wanting me to bite 

MM knows he is part of a side that will play and possibly win a few Grand Finals, I think he will sign for 3 years 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
5 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
6 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
6 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
6 hours ago
More…