Reserves:

18. Joey Lussick

19. Keegan Hipgrave 

20. Haze Dunster

21. Jordan Rankin

IN: Waqa Blake, Jakob Arthur, Ray Stone

OUT: Marata Niukore, Dylan Brown, Haze Dunster 

Referee: Ashley Klein

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We upgraded Dylan Brown from Under20s to first grade in one off-season. We did the same for Stefano Utoikamanu.

• Was Brown added to the development squad at the beginning of a year and then promoted to the 30 man squad 9 weeks later by his own father?

With Stefano we had been screaming for him to get some game time - BA continually overlooked him for plodders like Alvaro and an over priced hack called Evans.

• This reply was deleted.
                    • Nah he goes good, got no supports around him and Tamou as his guide...faaark no chance

shoulda stayed with us and learnt from Junz and Reg

certainly not a plodder

• Yes, yes we did with Brown, because the Warriors came hunting. And we debuted Brown in round 1 of 2019.

It's not like Arthur has stolen someone's spot. It's clear he's the third choice. Brown and Will Smith are both ahead of him and he's only getting a crack because of injury and suspension. To suggest he's been handed a spot by his father due to nepotism is laughable.

• Frank, the aspect that when we lost Dylan and Marata that changed a lot, the element that the reserve grade team picking several of the NRL players caused much of this conflict, not that the bitching by certain other clubs that the eels had chosen not to rest the NRL players for the reggies game has come back to bite them, although come Sunday, those that played in reggies and pass the Covid protocols can also be picked for the magic round team, and they are not allowed into QLD until Saturday and have to be checked over.

Thus the prospect could be that if one of the other NRL players could be picked in place of Jakob anyway, although I would say he will play in a similar situation as has been the case with others, Dunster being one example this year.  This is with Development players is how many years has it been in operation and not always do we see them get a chance in the top team either.

• Frank I understand what youre saying but the upside is he gets up to 3 weeks FG experience if he plays well. The negative is BA gets bagged if Jake fails.

I personally think that the upside out ways the negative and its not like hes signing him as our half, the kid is playing reserve and doing well, surely that gets him a chance over a guy whos at the end of his career.

• I think it's a disgrace what's happened here. 
              BA moving the earth to give his son a run in firsts like he was completely out of options.

It absolutely stinks and for others to defend it is laughable.

I tell you what, if this was happening at any other club, what would the general consensus be?I bet it wouldn't be in the positive - that coach would most likely be accused of nepotism straight away.

• So you dont think Nathan got Ivan a return gig at Panthers as Coach?

I think your 'disgrace' comment is a bit extreme but each to their own.

Anyway, I hope Jake has a good game and we get the win. 

• I'm 1000% certain horse head did have a lot to do with his fathers return to the Panthers. He wanted to play under daddy and the Panthers of course obliged.

Same could happen here at Parra. Might work out that BA gets another extension now that Jake is getting a run in firsts. Might be a case of, 'if you want Jake to stay I better be resigned'. Can't wait for that one.

• That's the joy of being a supporter Frank. You can wear rose coloured glasses when looking at your own team, and throw stones at any of the other 15. I can assure you that with the suspensions we've copped and the NSW cup covid bubble drama this week, every other club and it's supporters have been throwing plenty of stones our way.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"If the chief was accompanying yourself,  he would be eating through a straw for a few weeks  😂😂"
4 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Thanks, Muttman. Yeah, spot on. Our footy board is largely bankers-based. That's an issue related to cultural problems; which appear to be coming home to roost this year. Our R&R committee largely relies on Arthur and O'Niell for footy nous, and…"
17 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Nothing to do with Lomax Mutts."
17 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Well after 11yrs I'd take Flanagan any day."
19 minutes ago
More…