Round 1 Huge Test

This game is going to be a massive test to see where the players are at going into 2020.

• Betting agencies have us $1.30, them $3.20
  • The media can't help themselves in saying we have an easy start to the season. Heard it a number of times on Sat night and our players are even being talked up as Super Coach buys coz of our "soft start"
  • Dogs have an absolute point to prove . They want to hit the ground running and show how far they've come from last year . They're already a team that's attitude is up most weeks , it will be even more up round 1.
  • They beat us at Bankwest last year 
  • BA's achilles heal , well one of them , is getting us to play at our best for 80 mins. Both in games where we start as favourite and games where teams are going to take us into the gutter for 80' mins.
  • Last time we started a season with a shit tonne of hype we got rolled and never recovered .

This game will be a massive one to show if the teams mindset has improved at all over the offseason . Round 1 isn't make or break but this is the exact scenerio where the coach and players haven't delivered in his entire time here. I'm hoping our boys don't come out and fire all our shots in the first 20 and then have nothing left which has so often been the case . This is the exact scenario the Dogs love to be in , its going to be a huge test. The media reporting we have a soft start are absolutely kidding themselves and doing us no favours . Bulldogs are a team with a point to prove that is targeting round 1 . 

Attitude and hunger decide so many of these early games when the execution in attack isn't close to spot on. It's an area we've let ourselves down in so many times on these occassions. We're going to have to want it as much as they do. I hope the guys in our team have learnt a lesson in 2018 and aren't targeting this with any less urgency or hunger than the Dogs are becoz those mofos are gonna come in hot . We're going to see signs in round 1 of where this teams mindset is, and I can't wait.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Huge test? - FFS.

• Yep. No team is at their best in attack early.

It's all attitude and effort early rounds. Something we haven't thrived at and the Dogs have in spades. They might get found out a little as the playmaking creme rises to the top and they don't have many points in them. It's a tough style to play their way for 26 rounds when theres no easy wins. Early days though, they're going to be tough as. Opportunity to show if our team has learned anything from 2018/2019.

• If we can't get up for round 1 at home against a traditional rival like the Dogs they are just wasting their time.

We should win this game and win it well, if they are still the same mentally weak pack of soft cocks it will be yet another wasted season.

• Fair dinkum! If Parra do lose this fixture, we all know that you'll be spewing invective from every orifice!

BUT, the game hasn't even been played yet and your already going off!! Just calm the fuck down Alan!

• Three words. Big Girls Blouse lol

• Going off???  I just said we should win this game and win it well, this is a top 4 squad. 

The Dogs squad is gash and will run bottom 4 again.    

• I reckon we'll be up for it, it's more a test of whether we'll be up for staying in the contest for 80 mins.

The blue print for beating Parra for the last decade would be hanging in the arm wrestle. So many times we start a million miles an hour and if we start well we can go on with it. On other occassions we shoot all our bullets early and blink first as the match wears on.

I think the game will be close and a huge opportunity for Moses to control it. Perfect opponent for us to show how bad we're going to want it in 2020.

• I got Parra down for a loss RD 1

• Dogs love dragging you down to their level in the gutter like the Sharks used to do

• I agree mate.!!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Yeah Man's discussion What Preist stabbed in Sydney
"I honestly don't get how you can riot, assault police and destroy police cars and the crowd is not subject to a police investigation an ensuing charges ro be laid in fact they got sympathy from the head copper. They're no different to the morons at…"
3 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 7 Team List v Dolphins
"Oh jeeezus , another 10 year contract coming up for a guy based on potential. "
4 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"He seem to me like a mixture of laziness and age catching up with a guy who doesn't seem to age well. He's like the reverse Benjamin Button. He ages in dog years. He looks older than me . "
4 hours ago
Gaz Nelson replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"The one up plodder Aidan Tolman had a day? "
4 hours ago
More…