Rorting Roosters Refs Win!

What a great game except for the REFS who basically handed the Rorting Roosters the game with a Tedesco try with only 8 minutes to go! The Raiders were given 6 more tackles clearly by the refs only to have the refs change their mind which led to the Tedesco try! As far as I'm concerned the Rorting Roosters are not back to back premiers!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The trainer was well out of range, he was 20m away. I don't think you could say he was in the way at all. It was a freak incident, nothing more. I'm comfortable with that decision.

• The majority of commentators thought it should have been a Raiders ball and even Gould said it should have been play on which would have given the Raiders a great chance to score under the posts.

• There is a written and it's was correct, but it doesn't matter cause Keary when kicked the ball had his legs taken out, would have been a penalty to the roosters.

• The ruling is that if the ball hits somebody who is not a player, a scrum is set and the feed goes to the attacking team, which was the Roosters. I didn't have any issue with that one, the trainer was a fair distance away from the play, it was pure fluke that it him in that scenario given how far away he was. 

• It must be pointed out that possesion does not determine the attacking team in this instance, it's the position on the field where the play happens, if the Keary was in the roosters half when he kicked the ball the Raiders would have been determined as the attacking team.

• In any event it should have been a penalty to the Roosters for the Raiders player taking out Keary's legs when he kicked.

• Brett's correct: it's an International Law of RL.

Annesley explained it post-match. 

If the ball hits an official, trainer, spectator, Alan Langer, etc: scrum to attacking team. Rare.

Roosters won through their toughness and courage - under pressure. They also nailed their rare opportunities.

Raiders were brave too, but didn't execute - more possession, received more penalties, Cronk's sin-binning... 

• Ben Cummins updated Wiki page

3648381493?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I read the NRL report on NRL.com just a while ago on the 6 again thing and the following is in the report

Annesley said he hadn't spoken to Cummins in the post-match scramble to watch video replays of the six-again incident, as well as a Luke Keary kick ricocheting off a Roosters trainer's head, with Raiders back-rower Elliott Whitehead in hot pursuit to collect it and race down field. Instead the Roosters were awarded the scrum as the team with the territorial advantage.

"That's an international law of the game called 'mutual infringement' and is not a NRL interpretation," he said.

• 3648387914?profile=RESIZE_710x

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Frank The Tank replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Yep this clubs mentality almost guarantees it. First sign of adversity we shit the bed."
6 seconds ago
HKF replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Why would he want to come here this year?, the dragons are an outside chance of playing finals footy this year, the eels are looking like wooden spooners. 
Prepare yourselves people,  if we get lapped again this week we will be fighting to avoid the…"
15 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"So is coach Flanagan."
19 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Nah! he's just a naughty boy!"
29 minutes ago
More…