Replacing Nathan Brown

Whenever the season resumes, we'll be without Nathan Brown for two matches. So who would you pick to replace him?

Peni Terepo: Has been coming off the bench the past few years to play as an extra middle. Hard ball runner, big body in the middle, doesn't possess the ball skills to play Brown's role.

David Gower: The consummate professional. Deceptively strong ball runner, great passing game, good on his feet and a very reliable defender. Isn't the most aggressive player but wouldn't let the side down if called upon.

Marata Niukore: Made his name as an edge backrower and has an ability to play in the middle. Good footwork, hard ball runner, brutal defender. Does have a late offload and is difficult to handle one on one but perhaps hasn't shown he has a good short passing game.

Ray Stone: If Reed Mahoney hasn't recovered by the time the game restarts he may be at hooker. However, if he's available he does possess the workrate and defence to play in the middle. He's also the most aggressive of the options to replace Brown. Haven't seen enough of him to know if he has the ball playing ability to replace Brown.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree Bug, Gower is the closest we have to Brown if BA wants to go like for like and not change our style, Matterson is another option.

• I'll go a different option, Kane Evans. It probably won't happen and it would depend on the opposition, but having Kane starting with Junior & RCG could be monster.

• Nikuro and bring gower onto the bench 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
4 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
5 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
5 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
5 hours ago
More…