Reed Mahoney Re-Signs

Parramatta Eels hooker Reed Mahoney has extended his contract with the Club for two years until the end of the 2022 season.

Mark O’Neill, Parramatta Eels Club General Manager of Football said, “Reed is an obvious talent on the field, but equally what he does off the field is of great significance to the culture we are instilling at the Eels. We look forward to his continued development as we strive for further success.”

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur said, “I’m really pleased Reed will remain with our squad. His game has continued to develop and he’s a great person to have around the Club”.

Reed joined the Club in 2017 where he played 28 games in the Eels Under 20s team and subsequently won the Steve Ella NYC player of the year at the annual Ken Thornett Medal Awards ceremony.

In 2018 Reed made his NRL debut for Parramatta in Round 14 and was named in the State of Origin Queensland Under 20 squad. He earned his first representative jersey last year when he was named on the bench for the Australia PM XIII side and the hooker for the U23 Junior Australian side.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nothing would surprise these days ....

• with a name of penis hands maybye he met edward scissor hands

• Keep the tip, he said

• Peni and Alvaro reported to being off loaded.

• It would be nice to see Andrew Davey given a go.

We need to know if he's worth persisting with as a mature age recruit, or if it's time to move him on for a younger player looking for opportunity, like a Kaide Ellis. 

• great news, best up and coming hooker in the comp, future QLD hooker and will be the best hooker in the comp in next couple of years.

• The media is doing everything to push Harry Grant for that Maroons jersey right now. 

• Harry Grant was dog shite last week, no chance he is ready for origin after 5 games when you have a 3 time premiership winner and the next best in Mahoney next in line.

• I'd be very surprised if Grant played origin in the next couple of years. He's a ball playing hooker with no experience playing grade with other members of Qld spine. 
          DCE , Munster and Ponga will call the shots , you dont want 4 points of attack it's too confusing.

Mahoneys much better suited to Qlds style of play, he'll get through his tackles , tough ,can offer up a genuine kicking option from dummy half and the kicker, his service is 1st class . 

• I agree, I'm just saying the media, particularly here in Qld are pushing Harry Grant hardcore. Reed Mahoney doesn't even rate a mention in the Brisbane media, for them its down to 3 choices, Jake Friend, Ben Hunt or Harry Grant.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to LB's discussion Analysis and reflection of BA and is sacking the go, WARNING LONG BLOG.
"Wish i could say same Coryn, but in the stretch of a year i saw both Liverpool and Tampa Bay win titles. Now Parramatta are the last ones. If someone said i could see Parra win a title but Liverpool and Tampa never win anything i would take Parra…"
9 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Blue Eel's discussion The Truth Hurts: Article
"Not going there because your 'very good authority' knows jack shit. Browns downfall was his liaison with Hayne."
30 minutes ago
Bup replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"great blog HOE. Our aging roster is a massive concern, especially when we need to replace aging front rowers at a time our backline is bog average.
I love RCG but he's 31 this year, there's a bloke from St Helen's that's not as big as him but plays…"
1 hour ago
Flow Basket replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"I don't think we can make the 8"
1 hour ago
More…