Reed Mahoney Re-Signs

Parramatta Eels hooker Reed Mahoney has extended his contract with the Club for two years until the end of the 2022 season.

Mark O’Neill, Parramatta Eels Club General Manager of Football said, “Reed is an obvious talent on the field, but equally what he does off the field is of great significance to the culture we are instilling at the Eels. We look forward to his continued development as we strive for further success.”

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur said, “I’m really pleased Reed will remain with our squad. His game has continued to develop and he’s a great person to have around the Club”.

Reed joined the Club in 2017 where he played 28 games in the Eels Under 20s team and subsequently won the Steve Ella NYC player of the year at the annual Ken Thornett Medal Awards ceremony.

In 2018 Reed made his NRL debut for Parramatta in Round 14 and was named in the State of Origin Queensland Under 20 squad. He earned his first representative jersey last year when he was named on the bench for the Australia PM XIII side and the hooker for the U23 Junior Australian side.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You go girl !!!

• Really proud of our  recruitment/retention team. It'll basically mean the bulk of our squad is locked down for next year. This seasons been great but I'd much rather consistent top 4 rather than one of great seasons (01 05 09 and l17) followed by crap the following seasons. Just enough step towards long term consistency.

• Glad he put pen to paper , was scared bulldogs with their "war chest" would make a play 

• Did you see that manager convo reported on FB PAGE too ?

• Do tell

• No what was it about 

• A girl was in a cafe in Leichhardt ( I think) and was listening to a player manager who manages “ some of our superstars - her words) on phone and he was apparently saying to person on other end that “ the bulldogs will have a shitload for him for next year 

who knows could have been talking to anyone ...

• Fifita?

• It was reported this week that Alvaro and Terepo are close to being snapped up by others.  From memory, Alvaro was linked to the Dogs.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to LB's discussion Jamal Fogarty bicep injury, do we use Sanders as leverage?
"Asomua may not be speedy but he would be that workhorse out the back we are lacking. He suits how BA wants to play, he would help those forwards. I would try hard to get Savage, i know it is a pipe dream but desperation can hit, Asomua can replace…"
1 minute ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Where did I say he's shit. Don't put words in my mouth to suit your narrative. I said the opinion is he's overrated .  I tend to agree. At no point does that mean I think he's " shit ".  I think he's a protected species and avoids critisisim due to…"
2 minutes ago
JB. Prints of Parra replied to LB's discussion Jamal Fogarty bicep injury, do we use Sanders as leverage?
"Three club Swap.
Lomax Eels
Mooney Dragons
Sanders Raiders
good for everyone. "
5 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to LB's discussion Jamal Fogarty bicep injury, do we use Sanders as leverage?
"It would be a perfect trade for us, I would be so happy with that. Savage and Lomax in the same backline would be unreal. See what happens, hopefully a phone call to staurt has already been made"
8 minutes ago
More…