Replies

• In what world is Mitch Rein a better option than Mahoney?... Haha it feels good to laugh again 

• Rien has way more experience and he wants to play for the Eels not the Bulldogs.

• Well we didn't lose that much when Lussick took the hooking role , what makes you think that Mahoney isn't just taking advantage of a good pack ?  He hasn't played anywhere other than club level for us.  The best game we've played in decades we had a bum rake from the Superleague who looked like an immortal.  What's to say Rein won't slot right in and it'll be Reed Who ? 

• People are underestimating what a quality number 9 with over 200 NRL games can do with our pack. 

• Agree , I'm looking forward to it and hope BA gives him first crack at holding the spot.  Wouldn't it be sweet to be able to put Reed in park footy and only call on him when it suits us. 

• Rein's only good for 20 minutes. He tires easily. 

• I'm assuming the contracts are signed by Reed/agent and the Dogs top brass, they're just not yet ratified by the NRL. And the NRL has put the due dilligence back on the Dogs to show cap compliance before ratifying. I don't think Reed can actually backflip now because he would have signed - not unless the NRL refused to register the contract and then it would be null and void.

EIther way, most of us have moved on and don't want Reed anymore so it's a moot point. I agree with you Mutts, he wants to be a Dog.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Simon Priestly replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"Considering the roster we were able to field compared to our opposition's, I agree this is the most embarrassing loss in club history. The only one for me that comes close, is several years ago at Parra Stadium against the dragons who were…"
7 seconds ago
Poppa replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Yes, he reeked of over confidence, I don't think he was guilty of not trying but he ws certainly guilty of a number of other crimes!..... hope that memories of his past have not been totally wiped out.....that was where you failed originally Bryce.…"
50 seconds ago
Hugo replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Whilst stating the bloody obvious, it all started to go downhill when Moses got injured. 
BUT the moment it went completely haywire was when BA moved Brown from 5/8 to halfback. 
Brown is a great 5/8 BUT HE ISNT A HALFBACK !!!
To no one's great…"
2 minutes ago
Poppa replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Your naive with regard to plans, what you are saying becomes one. Once you set a plan you need to live it, this is what is missing at every level..... no one is living the plan.....the plan needs to be fluid and subjective....its fundamental in any…"
4 minutes ago
More…