Predictions - how many finals games will the Eels win?

I'm interested in your answers because I'm so undecided myself. 

I will say 1.

Assuming we finish 4th, we will probably lose to Panthers, then only hopefully beat either Knights or Bunnies (neither will be easy,  but our defence might be good enough). We could go out in straight sets though, particularly if Guth doesn't have a big ball playing game. 

If we finish 5th, we will beat sharks then get pumped by either Roosters or Storm. 

Don't get me wrong,  I will be cheering and punting on Eels being successful, I just have grave doubts at this stage. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I could be wrong but going off last years finals series, Parramatta Finishing 5th and making it to week two, we played the loser out of 1st v 4th being Melbourne

So if we finish 4th and lose week one we will either play Canberra or Cronulla, more likely being a tough Canberra team

• Ahhh yes, you are right. Perhaps I have the order wrong. Doesn't change my answer though. 

• I will say 1 win two losses

• Have a sneaky feeling we will get Penrith first up if we can win this week and secure 4th spot.  If we finish 3rd for some bizarre reason and play Storm it will be bang bang .  rabbits , sharks and even Canberra don't worry me but Roosters and Storm are different leagues . 

• I'm with you Paul. Assuming we finish fourth I also think we beat Penrith in the first game , possibly win the next then have a close shave with Rooster or Mel and lose . Fingers crossed we string a few crackers .

• All of them

• I said at the start of the season that week 3 was BA's pass mark this season, so that means he has to at least beat the Raiders. On current form you'd have to say that is the only game we could go into with any real confidence of success, and even that is tenuous. The fact that Sticky has basically given up on the top 4 this week suggests he's not too concenerd with meeting us @ BankWest in week 2.

• We are going all the way wherever we finish.

I am desparately hoping we have been foxing and will unleash back to our early competition form and catch everyone else by surprise.

(It's a bit like when you buy a lottery ticket and until the ticket draw is complete you are at least allowed to daydream about winning it)

•    we beat Penrith. In the semi we play the loser of the Storm/Roosters game and that's probably our season

• Gotta beat the best to be the best. A simples as it' sounds there's no other way. From where we stand, that's the size of the monster.

If you'd thrown 4th at me at the beginning of the season, I would have bit your hand off. Don't forget the "crying into the pillow" nights this last decade.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
51 minutes ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
1 hour ago
More…