Predictable

A couple of things were predictable tonight. Firstly, after playing in those conditions last Sunday and having a 5 day turnaround only to see another wet track was always going to make life difficult for us tonight. No excuse, its a fact and anyone who suggest otherwise has never played league in a bog, it really, really takes it out of you.

We got some crap calls, the dragons upheld challenge on the Brown strip was a disgrace and that gifted them possession and 6 points. The clear dragons knock on not called before half-time robbed us of 3 plays on the line. The Mahoney no try when it went up try, how can they say it definitely touched the dead ball line 1st, incorrect call given on field call and camera angles available.

Lastly, the most predictable thing this evening, despite losing only our 3rd game in 14 rounds - why did BA get an extension, we can't make the top 4, we cant play, BA is a myth blah blah blah. You idiots carrying on with that shit are a dead set disgrace. Same fools who wrote us off at the start of the year and aren't happy with 3rd on the ladder after 14 rounds, you are an embarrassment to yourselves. I cannot believe that you're eels fans, you only seem happy to have  a whinge after a loss, must be a sad life just waiting for something to go wrong before hitting the keyboard and ignoring everything that's gone right this year, just so sad....

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That second half was like the Eels of yesteryear. It's getting worse, not better. 

• This reply was deleted.
    • You're not clueless, i agree, Granville would be a perfect backup. We need a bench that is going to make an impact, individually they are all good players but, once Paulo and RCG leave the field their replacements don't offer much more than consolidation. When Melbourne are at full strength, they have B. Smith, NAS and Tino coming on and invariably make an impact. I think Fui Fui was our last impact player from the bench. If we can work our way back to the style of play we were playing the first half of the year, i think come late Sept./Oct. the temperature will be a lot higher, and i think it will suit our game, IF we can get back to the way we were playing.

• Anyone who says we lost because of bad calls are idiots, we get good calls and bad calls just like all teams. Have a look at our first try the last pass was actually forward so we also get good calls. We lost last night because of poor exacution and concentration. Too many errors killed us plain and simple.

• Well said Brissyeel, at the start of the season we'd be thrilled at where we are.

• Bar his wage Dylan Brown would be a perfect 14. In fact i would be thinking Gutho to the 6, Dylan to the bench, problem is who goes to the 1. What i do know if BA dose not make a few changes we are not going to play many finals games.

• Jai Field

• Thank God you are not involved with team selection Graham. 

• The entire back line needs a look at Sivo has cost us the game by rushing in and leaving his player unmarked currently he's not contributing anything in defense or attack to me and that's my opinion the guy is a myth 

as for our halves I don't know what AJ is coaching them but I can tell you it's having a negative effect I believe to be a halve is a natural gift and it's not something you coach Moses was a far better player last year than this year .

this year we started on fire then our flame started diminishing while we have team's above us and beneath us on the ladder improving.

next week's game would really prove where we're at as far as I'm concern 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Collaroy Eel replied to Offside's discussion The captain's challenge controversy was no try anyway
"Stop with the bold italics. Your not in the office."
1 hour ago
Collaroy Eel replied to Offside's discussion The captain's challenge controversy was no try anyway
"what the photo doesn't show is a milli second later the player is free to chase, Fergo from the position HE put himself in.. he wasn't impeded . Don't forget it was a tap on by king Gutherson .. that's how fast the play was .. so stop thinking about…"
1 hour ago
Bob Smith replied to MeelK's discussion Was Ricky right to blow up?
"If it was any other coach I'd listen, but pricky whinges so much it becomes meaningless. "
3 hours ago
Johnny B Good replied to Jack 's discussion Moses
"I am still undecided on Moses. However, for the most part, I have never been a big fan. He has all the skills and instincts, but his mind is brittle and he plays without composure. 
I didn't rate him while at the tigers and was not happy that we…"
3 hours ago
More…