Possible X-factor target?

Possible option i was think about is Jack Welsby from St. Helens. He has expressed interest in NRL, he did well in pre-season, 22, can play Fullback, Centre, Five-Eighth and Halfback. He is still young enough to bide his time for a year a two then take over as our 1.

Talented kid and has played for England also. Think it is a realistic option.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Actually I know a close relative very well, she told me all about the boy and how good a player he was, I think he was about 17 at the time. Nice family! Education for hm or family members (you conveniently left that out).

You want to come up and I will show you a few things Wiz, you may get a little surprise, your description of how you perceive things is about as inaccurate as your understanding of life in general.

We will always have a special place in our hearts notwithstanding,I enjoy your banter Wiz,

PS Your implication of Cobbo not having an education is of course racist but even you know we never stop learning and post graduate education is something that would do all footballers no harm.

• Hey , I'm asking why you felt to mention he and his family could do with some educating.  I've never seen you suggest that for any other potential signings.  

I think you can do better than that closed mindset , Poppa , it's never good to stereotype people. Punching down in uncool. 

I just hope his parents Neville and Doreen don't see your comment and take offence if he is considering moving south. 

• You should know you cannot bullshit me Wiz, "his family could do with some educating" you poor pathetic prick. The implication was that he would need a lot of encouragement to come to Sydney and fit in. He could find it very difficult without family with him to be comfortable, hence the couple of acres at Windsor etc .....does that imply he is homeless as well "dopey".

I have used the education argument in a number of ways to encourage players to come to Parra, not the least being scholarships provided by the Leagues Club.

His parents are not Neville & Doreen and actually his father is quiet well off,

• Yeah , I dunno. It really came off like you were insinuating he needed to live out the back of whoop whoop on a property that his neighbours won't have to see him , and his family need to go to school. Why stop at Windsor , let's move him to Bathurst or Dubbo. 

what's next , give him a Kingswood as his TPA supplied car? 

• Well Windsor/Hawkesbury is much closer  for training purposes, wouldnya think Dumbass.

Don't you remember when I wanted you to look after Sandow to make him more comfortable in his surrounds,you know you were going to stop him gambling and generally be a minder to him!

That was too hard for you and we lost Sandow because you failed to mentor him, no way I would let you near Cobbo.

I assume you know he comes from Cherbourg (yes same as Sandow) and the Rural type environment was what I was looking for.

You have fucked up big time on your games here Wiz, you know fcuk all.

• Still sounds very much like you're profiling.

I'll just be over here not assuming that an adult doesn't need a minder like a little child just because of what I assume is his colour . Unless there's another reason you're suggesting everyone from Chuuuurrrrbourge is less able to be an adult than someone from say Tamworth for instance ?   Sandow was an alcoholic, was before he arrived at Parramatta . You could fly him in and out of Chuuuuuurbog for training on a private jet , amd he'd still be an alcoholic . 

• the French 

• Nah not Bevan French.

• Has anyone considered RTS? 

• He would be a kick-arse signing!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mac5733 replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"If we put Sanders in when we should of, which was against the tigers. We'd be winning games by now. "
2 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Shaun Lane 
Matto
Russell even though I don't mind his work bringing the ball out.
Lussick this is more on the coach and his selection policy.Too much work in the middle the games to quick  for him.
I thought Simonsson Penisini Hopgood DB Morretti…"
7 minutes ago
Shane replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"The amount of effort Gutho puts in is insane! He's like Cameron Murray from Souths, it's round 6 but looks like he's just finished round 26. Only a matter of time his body shuts down. "
14 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Surfer eel's discussion BA
"Yep send it to Sarantinos and co."
17 minutes ago
More…