Eels Blogs

Please Explain!!!!

Can someone explain how JWH got off, and I mean in a legal sense. There's 3 gradings careless, reckless and intentional. So what the Judiciary have said, is that JWH was not guilty of even the lowest grading - Grade 1 careless - NOT GUILTY. This defies belief as he clearly hit him flush on the head with a swinging arm and knocked him out. Now it may not have been intentional, it may not have even been reckless, but how in the hell did they say it wasn't even careless??!! And then a few hours later, they have a bloke who correctly argues 1st contact was with his chest to the shoulder of the opposing player and they deem it guilty, but won't even downgrade it as requested - yes, downgrade. Maybe Evans should have plead not guilty going off the absolutely ridiculous JWH ruling. Once again, the NRL have set themselves a new low and completely ignored previous precedents - I've seen blokes suspended for far less than JWH this year. And don't forget Michael Jennings cops 1 week earlier this year for an early plea for a high tackle when Yeo slipped and was falling. I GUARANTEE if he went to the Judiciary as not guilty it would have been upheld and that probably would have cost 2 weeks. You then look at Tapou who many commentators called as a send off offence and guess what, he cops 1 week as well - how?? Surely that tackle had to go off the careless grading and into teh reckless at a minimum. But nope, he gets the same as Evans Grade 2 for a Grade 3 - once again, please explain?? Carry over points are rubbish, the gradings are rubbish, the Judiciary is rubbish.

There is now absoloutely no doubt that the NRL Match Review Committee and Judiciary are completely inept. I'd go so far now as to say you could prove them as biased, which then leads to the fact that they are corrupt. It's a big call, but when you see the rubbish they dish up week after week that's the only clear conclusion you can draw.

Paul Kent is calling for a complete overhaul of the system. Well bugger me, but I agree 100% with Kent, it's a bloody sham. Zero consistency, zero common sense.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yep, it is beyond belief and I believe it is nothing more than NRL Agendas and corruption.

• Def a shit decision, but what is the agenda?

To ensure the Broncos win?

Where does the excessive Pangai Jnr suspension fit into the plot? 

• What is the agenda ? Wouldn’t the obvious answer be , to ensure The Roosters are competitive against Souffs ?  

• Yes, that is the only real agenda. 

• Firstly, that I don't believe the NRL want us there, after the plethora of rubbish calls that we have copped this season.  Not just bad calls, but game changing and momentum chnaging calls.  See Wiz's response below Re Roosters and Souths, or perhaps the other good old NRL favourites, the Storm.

• The NRL don't want one of Sydney's most popular teams to win a premiership? The team who have just built an amazing stadium with support from the state government? The team who hasn't won in the longest time and where a win would surge membership, ground attendance and viewership even more?

The NRL would love Parra to win a premiership. The conspiracy theories have zero grounding in reality.

If you'd instead said "The NRL want Melbourne to continue to be successful to grow the game down south" - now that's a theory that makes sense. But a strong Parra benefits the NRL and their sponsors. They would love us to win. This last decade we've been our own worst enemy. If we had the strength of management and/or facilities as the Storm or Roosters we'd be flying high too.

• You are well and truly entitled to your opinion.  That said, in my opinion and observations this year, what we have all witnessed, does not support your opinion.  Each to their own mate.

• So you think we were better than 5th? That if we weren’t deliberately robbed by corrupt officials we would have finished higher? 

We came 5th because we were the 5th best team, just as the Titans came last for being the worst. Look at the ladder, does it look corrupt, or pretty much how teams went this year? 

Why not crush us in enough games to ensure we didn’t make the eight? Or was that last year, when the evil plot was to see us get the spoon. 

Yes there are inequalities across the game (Broncos every Friday night) and there are clearly wrong decisions being made (not new) but that doesn’t equate to corruption. 

The thing I don’t understand is if it’s all so corrupt, pre-determined and orchestrated, why do you keep watching? 

• Becasue I support my team and Club.  That surely isn't that hard to comprehend?  As I said, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

• As much as I hate to say it you have to get the boofhead former players off the judiciary and replace them with legally trained people. As much as I respect footballers for their on field prowess they don’t inference concepts like recklessness and carelessness which are sort of akin to the legal concept of negligence. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read