Penrith are the team to beat.

Who watching the Panthers? Boy they are playing fantastic football, big quick outside backs, strong forwards, great in attack & defence. Smashing Canberra 24-0 at half time & Canberra ain’t playing bad, will we be ready for them? Who can stop them? 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah they are going well but playing them in a finals game doesn't worry me as much as playing the Roosters or the Storm. They are our bogey sides. 

• Munster out for our game vs Storm.

• Maybe, you don't know that with absolute certainty.

• They did us a favour because I think Canberra are our danger for getting 4th spot, which is where I think we will finish.

Panthers have definitely peaked, but have they peaked early. A couple of key injuries or suspensions and things could change.

Its a long way to the top if you want to rock'n roll.

• You forgot to mention the fact the Penrith have 5 players on the injured list, all due back in the coming weeks, i checked their website. So if you ''think'' they have peaked, well maybe they will re-peak when they are back to ''full'' strength.!!

• This reply was deleted.
        • It's not a matter of fitting that 5 back in Poppa, it's a matter of having those 5 available if ''further'' injuries occur, and having those 5 back gives the Panthers ADDED ''depth'' to their ''roster'' and that's what every team needs and Penrith will have that.

• Seriously silly question, i thought you were smarter than that.??

• The panthers first half was very different the thier second half. They looked great in the first half, everything went thier way. But the second half the raiders put it to them a bit and the points dried up. Teams are giving Cleary way too much time to do his thing

• I agree, but most team heve gone through that thus far this year, wouldn't you agree.??

• Penrith will easily finish Minor Premiers.  They are on top of their game and I can only see them losing once more if at all and that is against us . 

Panthers - Warriors (a), Sharks ( H) , West Tigers ( h) , Broncos ( a) , Parra ( h ) , Cowboys ( a) , Dogs ) a ) ...  

Parra - Dragons (h), Storm ( h) , Souths (h), Warriors (a) , Panthers (a), Broncos (H) and West Tigers ( H) 

Big issue for them is going to be staying up for another 12 weeks. Other than Parra playing teams preparing for 2021 so intensity might not be there.   They could end up with Storm first week and I dont think they will be ready for them semi finals with half the team being kids and Storm being seasoned semi finalists.  

Every team has peaks and troughs. The good teams started to build generally after Origin and peaking at the right time. We were white hot for 4-5 weeks after the covid resumption and then have slumped for 3-4 weeks.  We could also be in the middle of the heavy training block and start to taper off in next week or two . The base is built in and the work done and we can move on.

Who knows.  We just need to win the games we are expected to win and pick up a game off Panthers or Storm and we are top 4. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
52 minutes ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
1 hour ago
More…