Replies

• Well they haven't been playing for him up until now, don't see why this will change anything. There might be a bit of extra spirit for  while but that soon disappears after the game settles in.

Corey Norman has had a recall, Dragons are usually good for one half, you just have to stick at it and then they tend to capitulate. 

• They are having off field issues, which will distract some of them tomorrow night.

We cannot become complacent and need to stay focused and make sure we put them to the sword. This game needs to be our announcement to the rest of the league to not write us off.

• Why do we always play teams when they have something to prove 

• That really bothers me too. Even when we are up by 30 + I'm still nervous as a wet fart. So use to the normal capitulation we all suffer from being a Parra fan.

I hope we rip saints a new one , win by plenty. They can then do what they want after that.

• If we maintain possession and discipline, we'll lap this mob. They have feeble defence. I am much more confident about this game than the Sharks, Tigers, even the Dogs.

• The Dragons board are so desperate to get rid of Mary they do t want to risk an upset victory delaying the sacking by a few more weeks?!

• What odds the Dragons having a dead cat bounce Friday?

If we start with energy we should be able to ride out whatever motivational boost they get from the inevitable 'let's do for Mary' message they'll be running with. Can't let them start fast.

• I remember someone in the media recently threw up the stats about the "dead cat bounce" and they reckoned it was a bit of a myth and that it happens way less than 50% of the time.

• Yeah... seem to recall Kent talking about it recently...

• It doesn't need to be more than 50% to be a real thing. It just needs to better than the team's win rate before the coach was sacked. When a coach gets the arse the team is normally winning a lot less than half its games.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eel4lyfe replied to Eel for life's discussion Team List Against Manly
"1. Gutho 2. Sivo 3. Harper 4. Penisini 5. Simmo 6. Brown 7 Sanders 8 RCG 9 Lussick 10 Greig 11 Lane 12 Carti 13 Matterson 14 Hands 15 Paulo 16 Hopgood 17 Tualagi
The experiment with Brown at 7 is over. He cannot run a team and worry about his own…"
36 seconds ago
Eli Stephens replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Could easily move Sean Russell or Talagi to Fb and try Gutho at 6 if the knee is bothering him. Shall see"
3 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"And both Moses and Gutherson are spoken as being massively overated.  Like Braith Anasta like overated.  And you can understand why opposition fans would say that. Neither have done fuck all in regards ro major achievements in the game yet both are…"
7 minutes ago
Darren Munro replied to Eel for life's discussion Team List Against Manly
"Gutho is injured should be in the frontline.  Carty and penis are injured 
 "
8 minutes ago
More…