Parramatta Tear Up Jennings Contract

Eels tear up Michael Jennings’ contract

The former Australian international currently works for a building company while he awaits a verdict on his drug cheating charges.

Parramatta has torn up Michael Jennings’ $8000 a week salary while he is banned for alleged drug cheating.

Jennings was suspended by the NRL last October for returning a positive sample for banned substances Ligandrol and Ibutamoren and three of their metabolites.

The former Australian international currently works for a building company while he awaits a verdict.

According to Phil Rotherfield from The Daily Telegraph, the Eels will continue to provide welfare support but have suspended the 32-year-old’s contract which expires at the end of the year.

Jennings has played 298 games and scored 154 tries in the NRL since his debut for Penrith in 2007.

He crossed to the Roosters in 2013 and then to the Eels in 2016, where he has made 105 appearances.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I thought this is parramattalurkers material, anyway stating the obvious really

• I don't like it.

• I'm a bit in the same view BEM, and makes me wonder if the club/NRL have received a verdict on the allegation.

• I don't like it either. It needs an investigation. Where are the Mods?

• Gee, I wouldnt mind $8000 a week. These blokes are on such a good salary doing what they love and some of them do some of the really dumbest things.

• Good. It's obvious now he cheated. Let's move on and forget about him. He was a great player but he's let everyone down by being selfish and stupid.

• I know prob a dumb question. But if we tear up contract do we still have to pay the reamining amounts?

• Depends on the result of the B Sample.

Scott

• Thanks mate

Not really up to speed on that

• Parramatta has torn up Michael Jennings’ $8000 a week salary while he is banned for alleged drug cheating.

I would assume only if he is found not to have cheated.

Michael Jennings | Zero Tackle
        Michael Jennings of Parramatta Eels contract information, NRL news, stats and rumours.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

AlShaw replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Eels 32 No Postcodes 16"
2 minutes ago
macybrown replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Yeah but not training all week ihas to be quite severe management Id imagine.
hope he is ok tonight.
 "
3 minutes ago
Angry Eel replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Gutho didn't train all week apparently "
3 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"It's easy as a supporter to bag selections but we don't always know what's going on. In late 22 BA copped a lot of flak for having JA on the bench but then we find out Guth was playing with a busted hand. Clint could be getting through games on…"
4 minutes ago
More…