Parramatta Player Waqa Blake Linked to Super League

Parramatta Eels star Waqa Blake linked with Super League move

PARRAMATTA EELS star Waqa Blake could be on his way to Super League for the 2024 season and beyond.

Currently on a wage of $500,000 at the Eels – a deal worth almost £275,000 – Blake is set to leave the Eels at the end of the year when his contract ends, prompting a potential move to Super League League Express understands.

The 28-year-old has found form hard to come by in previous years after signing a four-and-a-half-year deal with Parramatta midway through the 2019 season.

Blake came through the ranks at the Penrith Panthers, debuting for the Mountain Men in 2015 and going on to play 88 times, scoring 34 tries in the process.

Whilst at the Eels, the 28-year-old has added to those NRL appearances with a further 28 tries in 72 games.

Born in Lautoka, Fiji, the Blake family moved to Sydney, New South Wales, Australia when the current Eel was just nine.

League Express understands that rival NRL clubs have shown little interest in the Parramatta star, however, Super League are on red alert for the potential to have a Fiji Test star in their ranks.

-------------------                         ----------------------                         --------------------

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So who comes in to play centre - albeit next year. $500k should be enough to pick up a fairly decent centre. 

• It will be someone significantly cheaper than him, that you can be assured of.

• I heard BA is chasing someone really hard to take Waqas centre position next year. Yep it's Michael J Fox, BA thinks he can bring the teen wolf out of him. 

• Hahahaha that might still be an upgrade.

• We've got the internal talent. I'd be playing either Russell or Dunster there. 

• Our future backline is Sivo and Dunster on the wings. Penisni and Russel in the centres. Then we will have two quality depth outside backs in Simonson and Cini. I doubt Loizou is going any anywhere since he is in jersely flegg.

• Simonsson - Quality depth?

Are you serious?

• At centre he is good depth based of his final series last year.

• As a back up, yes. 

• He'll kill it at wing or centre in the Super League, but I'm really glad a decision has been made and we're looking to the future. Shame we couldn't sort out a trade before the start of the season. Hopefully he can score an early release and we can pinch someone for our run home.

Not sure who's available, but for $300-500k we should be able to get someone decent. I really wish we had gone for Herbie before the Dolphins.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
1 hour ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
2 hours ago
More…