Parramatta Eels join NRLW

It has been announced that the Parramatta Eels have been given a licence to enter a team in the NRLW this season.

Pre-season training will begin on 12 July with the club utilising both the NSW Centre of Excellence and Kellyville.

The squad and coaching staff will be announced in the next few weeks.

The Eels are the first and only club from western Sydney to enter the NRLW.

They join the Newcastle Knights as 2021 entrants.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Awesome news. Lets hope every NRL team has an NRLW team soon with the games as a curtainraiser to the NRL games. It would be great to see the Eels fans at Bankwest cheering on the womens team every home game.

• Great news for the club and the NRLW.

I assume Brad Arthurs sister will be coach. Then we will have a pair of bush bum coaches.

• This reply was deleted.
    • What about if you were more specific: "real women don't play rugby league"? Slugg, would that help? Let me know how you go.

• LOL. That will go down well. A former work colleague who unlike me was an avid punter (bit like Poppa and married to a woman) used to ask everyone who was in earshot: "Why do women have smaller feet?"

• There is a joke in there HOE about sinks and wasking up...

• I resent that Hoey, i have always been married to a woman, I have  noticed  though that when the dishes and the dirty clothes builds up, the sex is the same, you just realise your wife has gone shopping for a week.

• Slugg, Try "gentle-ladies" as in the female equivalent of "gentle-men".

• Great news, even if I've never watched a game of NRLW. What's happening with the women's cheerleaders, though? #allwomenmatter

• me too!

• Maybe this is why we are chasing Woods. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion BA please resign
"Same, Flanagan would of been great. But we need Bennett to come down from qld and put a rocket up the back side of the players. "
1 minute ago
TolEllts replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion BA please resign
"In his post game presser, he said some players are not first grade calibre.
I hope he had a good look at himself in the mirror and ask the question - "Am I a first grade ? "
BA's tactics of power forwards and "chasing the colission" are the main…"
2 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"That was totally on the players last night, same as previous weeks. In saying that, what it shows is that he has lost the dressing room. His time is up and can take a few of the older blokes with him, the game is just to fast and hard for older…"
3 minutes ago
Big D replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Lost the dressing room"
3 minutes ago
More…