I've just uploaded to youtube

The Parramatta Eels GLORY YEARS - Video 1 of 9
1975 - The much forgotten pioneers of Parramatta's ascent to greatness with the 1975 Parramatta Eels and their EPIC semi final campaign

The Parramatta Eels GLORY YEARS - Video 2 of 9
An EPIC Grand Final - Parramatta's first ever appearance in the Grand Final that is famous for "The Flying Wedge" but a game where toughness really does stand out

The Parramatta Eels GLORY YEARS - Video 3 of 9
1977 part1
An EPIC Grand Final - Parramatta's 2nd Grand Final - famous as the first ever DRAWN Rugby League Grand final
Extended Highlights aprox 50mins

The Parramatta Eels GLORY YEARS - Video 4 of 9
1977 part2
Parramatta's 3rd Grand Final appearance but really still playing in only their 2nd ever Grand Final - this game is famous as the first ever REPLAY of Rugby League Grand final after the EPIC 1977 DRAWN Grand Final - see Video 3 of 9 posted in The Parramatta Eels GLORY YEARS series
Extended Highlights aprox 50mins

The Parramatta Eels GLORY YEARS - Video 5 of 9
An EPIC Grand Final - Parramatta's 3rd Grand Final - famous as the GREATEST Grand Final in Parramatta's history and my personal favorite Rugby League memory - Brett Kenny's dummy - I was at the game & only meters away :)
Full Game Replay

The Parramatta Eels GLORY YEARS - Video 6 of 9
An EPIC Grand Final - Parramatta's 4th Grand Final - famous as the as the beginning of the Parramatta v Manly Rivalry - this is in fact untrue as the Rivalry began in 1975 where Manly stopped Parramatta's 1975 Hero's, continued through to the 1976 Grand Final - reached EPIC proportions during the 1978 semi finals and coming to a peak beginning in 1982.
Full Game Replay

The Parramatta Eels GLORY YEARS - Video 7 of 9
An EPIC Grand Final - Parramatta's 5th Grand Final - famous as the as the FIRST time in the modern era that any side had made 3 Grand Final appearances in a row & the continuation of the Parramatta v Manly Rivalry - that began in 1975 where Manly stopped Parramatta's 1975 Hero's, continued through to the 1976 Grand Final - reached EPIC proportions during the 1978 semi finals and coming to a peak beginning in 1982 & 1983
This is the final game of then Parramatta's & the GREATEST Rugby League coach of ALL TIME - THE LEGENDARY JACK GIBSON (RIP)
Full Game Replay

The Parramatta Eels GLORY YEARS - Video 8 of 9
An EPIC Grand Final - Parramatta's 6th Grand Final - famous as the as the FIRST time in the modern era that any side had made 4 Grand Final appearances in a row & the beginning of the John Monie coaching era. But the REAL story of the 80's was that the Bulldogs (Canterbury) was Parramatta's toughest & most respected rival during this era. This is Grand Final Number 1 of the 2 seriously EPIC and TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH Grand Finals these two great sides battled
Full Game Replay

The Parramatta Eels GLORY YEARS - Video 9 of 9
An EPIC Grand Final - Parramatta's 7th Grand Final in 11 years and the END of The Parramatta Eels GLORY YEARS beginning in 1975 and finishing here in 1986 - 1986 Grand Final is famous as the final games for the two Parramatta LEGENDS - Ray Price & Mick Cronin. But the REAL story of the 80's was that the Bulldogs (Canterbury) was Parramatta's toughest & most respected rival during this era. This is Grand Final Number 2 of the 2 seriously EPIC and TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH Grand Finals these two great sides battled
50min Extended Highlights - wish I had the full game :(

A word of advise to the feeble minded - I was lucky enough to see EACH of these games LIVE and was at the 1981 & 1986 Grand Finals. BELIEVE ME when I say you get get a much better perspective watching 1976 + Both 1977's to totally appreciate BETTER the 1981 82 83 Trifecta - same with 1984 & just how damn tough & relentless the Bulldogs were by 1986 and how the 1986 Team were not by any means favored to win

Remember - even teams that lost - these were star studded and exciting teams - Before Gibson, Terry Fearnleys 70's EEls were the greatest attcking side in RL History & the 1977 EELS are one of the greatest sides from any era - only to be forgotten by their GF Replay loss, but look at game 1 & see how damn close they came - if you TRULY LOVE PARRA - & have never seen these games - do the right thing & watch them all and learn something - this is after all OUR GLORY YEARS..........havent had any of those around for a while just in case you have forgotten LOL

BTW notice how many passes occur before the 5th tackle in this era - unlike todays BORING Hit up x 4 then pass then kick CRAP!!!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice one Tele, i subbed mate, love your work.

• Well done tele1, great to have you back on here contributing. You've been missed.

• So good. 

• 👍

• Who are the feeble minded? . . . . . . and why does their feeble mindedness mean they need "advise" regarding these videos?

• Apparently this guy watched these games live meaning others are feeble minded, even if they were not even born at the time of these games. Makes perfect sense.

• Lol - thanks for the clarification mate. I must admit I do feel great sadness for the millions of under 40's (or 50's?) who have never experienced greatness on the footy field :)

https://youtu.be/Ewwujn0MMes

• Imagine putting that version of Jarryd Hayne in our current team...

• Tele mate, I'm appointing you as our official 1 Eyed Eel digital historian for that effort.

• Love the contested scrums! Haven't seen those for a very long time.

Super, can we put these as links somewhere they will be easy to find later?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"If Tago does stay at centre then it does coincide with them having a budget 6 but I still think the plan will be to move him"
40 seconds ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"500k for May is well worth it. Penrith know what they'll get from him every week but Lomax is inconsistent, right now he's playing his best football because he's advertising himself to other clubs. When his attitude is down his game can be  poor.…"
16 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"The Panthers just re-signed / about to re-sign May on 500k per season, and have re-signed Tago on 750k (reportedly) at centre. Our 3 centres probably don't reach 750k combined. 
So while they've developed great wingers as you mentioned, they've also…"
1 hour ago
MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
7 hours ago
More…