Furthermore, we thrash the storm and other top sides during the year.

Not sure about you guys but this has got to be our finest achievenment since 2009, making the grand final that year.

Had we played penrith or storm this week in the grand final with our first 6 round form, we would thrash both grand finalists by 30 points.

I mean, just look at our team, Paulo, RCG, Matterson, Nthan brown, would any of you swap them with any other players?

With the exception of Cam smith, I wouldnt pick any other player to be in our first grade squad.

King gutho is so damn good he is from my perspective the best fullback for the last 20 years.

moses is incredibly talented but just lack a bit of confidence. 

I have this upbeat feeling going forward to 2021. Up the mighty eels<3 <3

after a few drinks, I am in a good mood tonite and feeling positive.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yep gangbusters alright....

38 - Zip vs Bunnies round 16

That one hurt.

• Easy fix Frank according to Super Coach.

An even easier Fix is to  fine someone to replace him.

• justin walker  Home record 8/2, away record 7/3.

We go gangbusters at banwest but fail to aim up and turn up when travelling.

Put the sauce down and sober up son.

• Justin, have you been on the pipe son?

• Coulda, shoulda, woulda...

DIDN'T.

• Well Alchol helps we only beat a massively under strength Melbourne by 14 full strength they smashed us.

I only see us going backwards next year unless a mental edge somehow devolps 

• Early on in the season our second half was good,especially the final 20 minutes. From the Newcastle game onwards,half time was the worst thing to happen to us we went back to fading out in the second half.

• We were never really in it. Not when it mattered. 
    Yes we beat Penrith fair and square. Then at the pointy end of the season they gave it to us, absolutely dominating that game. 
    Agreed we need to do things differently next year. What we've been doing up until now has been very good but not good enough to threaten a title. Btw other clubs will be going over this same issue. 
    Souths - never really contenders
    Raiders - maybe contenders at full strength perhaps but once again fell short. 

Roosters - looked like world beaters in the back half of the season then got absolutely flogged by Souths 

Sharks - never in it

Knights - never in it  

So it's not just the Eels who need to find something better, something different. We don't need to tear down the entire place just a few good changes  

Edge defence - It's clear our defensive structures are wrong. I put this down to coaching. It was wrong most of the year and never fixed. Either we replace Kidwell or BA but this must be addressed as a matter of urgency  

Game day strategy - We seem to take the exact same game plan into each match and hope we're better than our opponents. That's not good enough at NRL level. You need to be able to target opposition weaknesses both pre game and during the game when players get injured etc. We seem fixated on executing the plan regardless of what's happening on the field.

Attack - STRAIGHTEN THE ENTIRE ATTACK!!!! (If you run across the field you get benched). Watch how direct Melbourne will be this weekend. That's why they appear so fast and hard to handle, no one runs sideways.  No one!!!

Plenty to work on!

• Mutt your last point is what I have thought all year; too much side ways and not enough direct play. Melbourne are the benchmark for me; and you only need to see how they all move with the ball, bodies in motion. Too often I notice our halves flat footed when catching the ball; even at junior level we teach the kids about feet position / outside foot up; hips etc. to ensure you are going forward. 

We did well this year but dropped off the edge when we needed to stay on. As you said all of the other remaining teams in the semis will be looking at ways to improve, along with Manly / Broncos etc who missed out. I think we need a chane with assistants or at least a different look at how we do things; our defence out wide has to improve and ruck sets; along with staying in the contest at poignant times.

If we do not improve in some key areas we could be in for a rude shock next season.

I will say this, Canberra will be interesting to watch as they have been finalists and grand finalists and sometimes the next year could be a downfall. We will see.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I wonder if the have Lomax on Right and move Penisini to left. Penisini is a Centre that can adapt, where Lomax has the pass that has him needed on the right.
But I think Lomax would be happy as long as it is Centre in a good team."
8 minutes ago
Slugg replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I think the club  is doing the right thing not paying 600 k to  800k for a good first grade player that can boost our chances of winning comp when they can sign 3 or 4 players for the same money that may boost our chances of winning a reserve grade…"
14 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Parra just need to stick to there process and add when we need to.
Lomax has all the potential which to this time is unrealised and that's before talking about money.
Blaize Sanders Penisini AMS you really want to see if these guys are something and…"
20 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
" We needed lomax before Talagi came on the scene. If a crystal ball would show us Blaize turns out to be an excellent centre, we would not be chasing Lomax.
Would Blaize hang around for 2 seasons to cement a FG spot?
Lomax would be worth every penny…"
31 minutes ago
More…