Furthermore, we thrash the storm and other top sides during the year.

Not sure about you guys but this has got to be our finest achievenment since 2009, making the grand final that year.

Had we played penrith or storm this week in the grand final with our first 6 round form, we would thrash both grand finalists by 30 points.

I mean, just look at our team, Paulo, RCG, Matterson, Nthan brown, would any of you swap them with any other players?

With the exception of Cam smith, I wouldnt pick any other player to be in our first grade squad.

King gutho is so damn good he is from my perspective the best fullback for the last 20 years.

moses is incredibly talented but just lack a bit of confidence. 

I have this upbeat feeling going forward to 2021. Up the mighty eels<3 <3

after a few drinks, I am in a good mood tonite and feeling positive.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• @sircol Cam only moves sideways mate when he's marker or speaking to his brothers (the refs).

• Muttman I totally agree on the gamday strategy part. I know we obviously do video work and make plans for the opposition - but we aren't winning the tactical battle most of the time.

In 2020 for the most part we won the games we were meant to win - and by saying that I mean we have a pretty strong squad on paper now, and we beat nearly all of the teams with weaker squads. What we didn't manage to do was aim up and beat the squads with better teams on paper or who were on a roll at the time we played them. 

We aren't going to unseat Melbourne by having a better squad on paper. And at the beginning of the year no one would have said that the Panthers had a squad (on paper) that would dominate as much as they have.

Next year we're going to get a few new youth players in the squad, and they're going to have to perform above and beyond in the same way that Melbourne get folks to do the same, or the Panthers have managed.

I don't have the answers, but it does seem like a coaching gap. To get our squad to the next level it feels like the weakest link for us this last year has been our coaching depth - our ability to win the tactics battle, our ability to fix our issues once exposed, our ability to change gameplans at half time to suit the conditions. I really hope this is being addressed early in the off season because the changes will need to start BEFORE pre-season if we want them to bite early in the year.

• Good on ya mate, keen as mustard, die hard Parra man. I could bring you to reality but not for me to burst bubbles. 

• Looks like someone has been sucking on the old unicorn teet...

Jokes aside, good blog Justin. Keep up the good vibe mate.

• It seems to me you have more than a "few" drinks.

Are you wearing a bib to catch the dribble.

IF we didn't get beaten we would have won

IF we had ------------------------------- ah forget it.

IF this, IF that, let's hide our heads in the sand to justify our FAILURE!

THIS constant acceptance of our constant failures is why we constantly fail - we make losing an art form to be admired.

Can't wait for "The toughest pre season ever" blogs in February - I'm excited.

• This reply was deleted.
      • You wouldn't play nice so ------------------------------ suffer.

Also you are supposed to be a Redcliffe boy but call yourself brissyeel so no bib for you coz you ain't getting any sauce anyway.

Stand up and be counted with the rest of the Redcliffe Rednecks and change your name to reddyeel.

• This reply was deleted.
          • Excellent redeeming features young padawan - we might let you stay on here for a while longer.

Moved here in '27 - SHEESH and we thought Slugg was OLDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I arrived here in '88 I got told how to become a QueeRZlander - You simply walk around in the sun with NO hat (QueeRZland style) until the sun fries your brain and then you is one.

• We are probably where we need to be in our evolution. For many years, we didn't know week to week how we would go. We have moved into a phase where we beat the ordinary teams and are more competitive against the top teams, week in week out. We need to move into the phase where we are expected to win against all teams, all of the time, like Melbourne and the Roosters. Therefore, as we are not in this phase yet, our chances of winning a premiership are significantly decreased as we can't put together a month of finals footy against the better teams.

• For many years, we didn't know week to week how we would go.

Nailed Big D - now we are CERTAIN if it is second round of the finals WE ARE O-U-T GORNE !

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mitchy replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Yeah fine if we can snag him but I'd not be paying the full amount. He's not worth that for us!  Maybe $400-500z "
5 minutes ago
Longfin Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I also think we are in need of wingers rather than centres. It's likely Lomax would find himself on the wing at some stage in Parra anyway."
13 minutes ago
Kurupt - Monkey Magic replied to Johnny Suede's discussion ‘How disappointing is that’': Tigers greats Benny Elias and Steve Roach ‘invited by Parra’ amid bizarre series of snubs
"Yep"
22 minutes ago
Kurupt - Monkey Magic replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"All this talk and he'll probably sign with the dogs, I believe they promised him fullback. "
25 minutes ago
More…