Furthermore, we thrash the storm and other top sides during the year.

Not sure about you guys but this has got to be our finest achievenment since 2009, making the grand final that year.

Had we played penrith or storm this week in the grand final with our first 6 round form, we would thrash both grand finalists by 30 points.

I mean, just look at our team, Paulo, RCG, Matterson, Nthan brown, would any of you swap them with any other players?

With the exception of Cam smith, I wouldnt pick any other player to be in our first grade squad.

King gutho is so damn good he is from my perspective the best fullback for the last 20 years.

moses is incredibly talented but just lack a bit of confidence. 

I have this upbeat feeling going forward to 2021. Up the mighty eels<3 <3

after a few drinks, I am in a good mood tonite and feeling positive.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wasn't our year. Sivo and Fergo going down killed us. Losing MJ on game day was like dropping a nuke on our club.

I think our strength and conditining staff need to take a good hard look at themselves it was obvious they gassed our boys too soon this year we looked buggered and came alive against storm but this just bought out injuries. 

we need to do something different this pre season the old Kiama trip running up sand dunes doesn't work 

• perhaps wayne bennett approach , timing the boys to peak at the endof the season would be a good strategy. we max out too early and our form in last 8 rounds resembles the eels of 2019, not bad but not good either.

I knew we would go out in straight sets. its so heart breaking.

I really thought i am buying grand final tickets to see us to victory.

Poor sterlo almost had tears in the commentary after the game. Its time we win.

• This reply was deleted.
    • hahaha. a bit of scotch will fix you up in no time:)

• This reply was deleted.
        • i love the fluufy duck too. (cointreau, advocatt) we are showing our age. used to drink whisky sour, brandy alexander,harvey wallbanger, golden dream for the ladies too.Oh and the old ben ean moselle...geez, thats in the 1980's, when the mighty eels reign supreme...lol

• So one dope in Eugene leaves and another enters. 

• hahaha. a bit of grog is good for you son:)

• We've gotta maintain the dope quota, otherwise it wouldn't be a sports fan site.

• I wouldn't say we thrashed the storm, just beat a storm team full of reserve graders. 

• guess i got a bit overboad with the word THRASH. stil it was a good win.

For some reason, we cant play away from home.

We go gangbusters at banwest but fail to aim up and turn up when travelling.

if we can arrest this , we will go close next year if not win the whole damn thing.

• I'm sorry I don't like it

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
3 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
4 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
4 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
4 hours ago
More…