Replies

• Desperation money is always a worry. The Tigers might be offering more than he's worth, in the hope that he can become a star. He was pretty ordinary in reserve grade, though obviously still very young. He's nowhere near our top 17 but Wests might be hoping he's a chance of making theirs.

• Gee Poppa another trip to Bali.

• The amazing thing is that he's always broke when he leaves but cashed up when he gets back. I dunno how he does it.

• This reply was deleted.
            • I stayed there in the nineties. We were  living in Port Hedland at the time and it was only a 90 minute flight and in the same time zone 

• I did love that swim up bar. If I remember correctly my kids liked the water park across the road.

• One of my favourite spots was Poppies Lane. I liked having a facial, it was bliss.

The last time we went there they were having political rallies in the street which made my wife very nervous.

She never wanted to go back again after that.

That was probably around 1999. 

• First one that came to mind was Kaufusi...not sure why.

I’d be mortified, mystified and horrified if we let Brown go! Besides wasn’t it Madge who let him go in the first place? Best thing he could’ve done tbh he was a bit loose cannon and was constantly using the old elbows but then he turned into a good guy :)

• That is a good point Macy, Madge did release him from the Bunnies and he is in the leadership group at the Eels.

He also has a close relationship with some of the players in the group. I would be stunned if he were to leave the club.

• He wasn't released by Souths, they just refused to match our offer.

I doubt Brown will go but there are reasons he would want to leave (more money on offer) plus reasons we would let him go (to free up cap space for retentions).

• Really hope we don’t let him go and Brown did become a much better player here...no elbows in sight :)

thats the thing though John... always worrisome when we pay big bucks to lure a player but having to balance the cap, means that sometimes in present players eyes (and those who’ve busted their guts in our jersey ) might feel hard done by. We have to hold onto and retain the goodens esp brown lane and Sivo. This is where Tpa’s are a huuuge factor!

but we got Matterson the same way so that’s how the cookie crumbles I guess?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
4 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
5 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
5 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
5 hours ago
More…