Replies

• If we are letting go of a forward it will not be Nathan Brown lol. The club wouldn't allow it. If we move Kane Evans on that will be extremely disappointing considering he was the best forward on the field many times this year. I think Terepo

• Looking through those contracted for next year, NBrown has PO for 2021, there are a few off contract end of next year including young players, such as Kafusi, and quite a number of others.  If there is any truth in this rumour I would believe that NB would be among the last to be considered unless he chases the coin, but I would say the eels would be upgrading him for 2021 and beyond.

I initially said Terepo, who is on a PO for next season, who I suggested would be the player to go.  There could be a want by the Tigers or other clubs to sign some of our young players, and Kafusi has had some NRL experience and would be surprised if he goes, but who knows? after all the Tigs offered a good contract to Twal and he was allowed to go.

If we let any go in this rumour I would say it could come down to Alvaro, Evans or Terepo.

• Colin this rumour of a player swap simply does not make sense. I could understand that the Tigers would be looking for forwards. They have to be.

A player like Terepo would be attractive to the Tigers and I believe that he is a player that BA would have been happy to let go but for the PO. Don’t get me started on player options. My pet hope 

Further I can’t see Evans being let go either. He is too important to our campaign this year.. Our Middle depth is poor in terms of quality. Terepo was poor last year and out of favour with BA 

• John, agree with what you say.  The PO's are there one would imagine so the player has a bit of bargaining power to remain at his club, just adds a year of certainty for them, and there are a lot of cases where players don't take up the option as they get a better deal elsewhere, I'm not fussed on them and NBrown has one for 2021.

There seems to be more reports that the tigs are after Stefano, if that's the case then we stand to lose a young player who could be still on development contract, as they can be on one for 1 or 2 years. I mentioned elsewhere that I had not seen a lot of him although I thought he went ok in the GF this year for Wenty, at 19 how much is expected of the players overall?  Some like Fifita for the mules and Haas have exceeded at their ages, and others have as well but often have an early standout season and slow down for a year or two afterwards.

Quoting from another site, the tigs watch and probably monitor the eels juniors, so not unreasonable for them to be after our players as a result.  I wonder though if this is not a pay back move against the eels over the Matteson signing??  I note that Stefano has been in the training photo gallery on the eels webb site, hopefully with this being out in the public arena the coach and those charged with player signings can talk Stefano in to remaining. 

If there is a sticking point for him perhaps its the result of him not bein given a shot on the bench late this past season, and perhaps with the tigs sniffing around he felt the eels were not genuinely wanting him at the club?? That is an area where they can be easily swayed by outside offers and talk.  I certainly don't want to see him go elsewhere.

• No way BA would let Brown go. Maybe Peni or Alvaro.

• Cannot see us releasing brown , we rely on him to lead our line speed , was no coincidence we stopped the win loss cycle and got on a run with the return of both browns from injury mid season

• That is very true KP 

• I’m hearing Stef Utoikimanu is the man going to the tigers

• Surely they couldn't be that f$cking stupid!!!

• This is where we have problems, have some strong young up & comming development players like Stefano as soon as they show some form the other clubs go for them. Manly have done it over time, I just hope the club can sit him down and get him contracted whether this is true or not

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Not disagreeing that Arthur's time may be spent. But who the fuck signed such old tired players to such big contracts. 
And we still have them for another season at least.we are stuck with this squad with their  massive contracts with too many years…"
2 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Rouse Hill rhinos ba bush coach junior development there. Rails run into fg right there"
6 minutes ago
Muttman replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Thanks for posting these pictures. I was absolutely livid with Russell's finishing effort. When you're entire full time job is being an NRL right winger it's a minimum expectation that you are competent in finishing off tries. It's literally your…"
8 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Coach Nepotism's discussion Live footage of Parramatta dressing room in Darwin following there embarrassing defeat.
"It's obviously doctored, our plodders couldn't move that well. "
9 minutes ago
More…