Panthers Top of Table

After the Panthers flogged the Sharks they have now leap frogged the Eels again and sit at the top of the NRL ladder. If the the Eels lose against the Knights on Sunday afternoon they will either remain second or go further down the ladder depending on other games and the for/against percentage. Let's hope the Eels can knock off the Newcastle Knights on Sunday afternoon in Newcastle.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Who? 

• Panthers looked good but Sharks were very poor. Some really amateur misreads in defence allowed the Panthers to score untouched a few times. Panthers also let in 24 points. Not a high quality game. 

• +1, Sharks did not appear capable of counting and were constantly caught short when Panthers went wide.  But still scored 20+ points. Huh?
      I think Penrith are legit Top 4 but hopefully Eels showed how to play them. 

• Baby Kitty Cats went OK. Experience will give them more polish. Plenty of improvement to come.  Charlie did good. 

• Amateur misreads?

Geez Mutt, you're being unkind to amateurs. It was truly awful.

• Panthers will likely take the minor premiership this year unless they'd shoot themselves in the foot. Looking at their run home they mainly play the bottom of the table other than;

manly- however without Tom T

canberra- likely without Hodgson

parra..

Meanwhile we have storms and rabbits back to back and panthers which will all be tough games. If we are to hold on to the top spot we can't afford to lose even one.

• Roosters and Storm still the bench mark. I can't believe Roosters lost that game Keary was on fire. 

• Agree come finals time it'll likely be those two teams in the GF but for minor premiers it'll be harder for them to make up lost ground. both have harder second half of the season than panthers including playing each other. Panthers (and us) have 2 wins ahead of roosters and with that and their run home I don't think they'll be able to make up that ground with the shorter season. Storms are possible but again have a tougher 2nd half of season than us or panthers. If I was a betting man I'd have panthers first, ya or storms in 2nd/3rd

• Can we scratch the Raiders now? Hodgson apparently done his ACL (and gone for season?)

• No hope without Hodgson. Poor Ricky :)

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Prof. Daz posted a discussion
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
3 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Well Lomax will be a lot more expensive, Carty would have been on minimum for most of the time and probably only 350/400 now. Carty is not that marketable unless he sell himself attached to the coach LOL"
35 minutes ago
"Thanks Hoe, agree with what you said.
I tried to specifically generalise about player valuations and use Lomax as an example. To answer Sluggo who was taking the piss, I can accept the premise he is making but I personally had overlooked Waqa as an…"
39 minutes ago
"Well thought out and expressed Slippery.... you raise good points about circumstantial valuations."
52 minutes ago
More…