Panthers squad for eels trial match

Panthers (squad): Api Koroisau, Brian To'o, Charlie Staines, Dylan Edwards, Isaah Yeo, James Fisher-Harris, Jarome Luai, J'maine Hopgood, Kurt Capewell, Liam Martin, Matt Burton, Matt Eisenhuth, Moses Leota, Nathan Cleary, Paul Momirovski, Spencer Leniu, Stephen Crichton, Tyrone May, Viliame Kikau

EELS TBA

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Looks like they light on for middle forwards, they won't win 19 in row this season wouldn't be surprised if they drop out of the top 4

• I think we should win, I think they're really lacking experience.

• This is only a trial match of course . Be good to see the players majority of whom will be running out for first time since last year . Coaches might decide not to field their best on the paddock for any considerable part of the 80 minutes .  Winning a trial match is not proving anything because even if we play good , losing might still be acceptable depending on the circumstances .  We should be looking at performances of players and not the scoreboard. A win for Parra very nice though especially against last years minor premiers LOL . 

• It's all about the players opening their pipes a bit.

Result doesn't matter, having everyone pull through without injuries is the biggest priority.

The winning will hopefully start when the season kicks off.

Scott

• Scott...huh?

• He's up there Grunt's!

• LOSING is for losers and never acceptable.

Winners laugh, losers lose.

But hey, the Eels seem to like mediocrity and losing. A genuine art form.

• Winning a trial game is nice but not important. The first half will give us an idea the second half not so much. Most of top players are usually taken off for the second half. 

• Right on Slugg.  There are still only 26 players in the eels NRL squad, leaving out MJ  at this point.  It means we have to have at least 3 more players in the squad prior to the main comp starting, and 30 by mid year,  

Trials have usually always been with the main squad playing the first half and then the contenders for the 2nd half, as such 3 players will really need to show they can play NRL standards.  Will be good to watch.

• The challenge for the Panthers this season will be replacing Tamou and Mansour's experience. They let them go to keep their young crop but Tamou especially was such a big part of what they did last year.

They also have to deal with having a target on their backs which is something they won't be used to.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Acme replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Relaxed Arthur blames fast pace for struggles in attack
"Yep, they do everything at speed with enthusiasm. If you don't match them, they'll run right through you"
2 hours ago
DR WONG.MD BSA (THE SLUGG SLAYER replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Relaxed Arthur blames fast pace for struggles in attack
"A long disappointing season like last year, or the year before Haissam."
2 hours ago
Haissam replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Relaxed Arthur blames fast pace for struggles in attack
"All I can say to everyone is get ready for another long disappointing season BA isn't fit to coach park football let alone a NRL team this is a complete joke."
3 hours ago
Slugg replied to Wile E. Coyote's discussion Three Why's Eels
"I have a bad feeling I'm going to be making a lot of comfort soup this season. "
3 hours ago
More…